Beautiful words, enlightening verse
Evocation of mistiness in ones eye
A call to mind of one's long gone
Gone they say but not forgotten
Dylan namesake still amongst us
Lennons partner still bests us
My brother from another mother
Oceans apart but thoughts entwine us
Brain like a super computer
Digesting world news and spitting out commentary
O brawd Pedr, there is no equal
1 2026-09-26 09:51:03
Re: Polly Tickle (8 replies, posted in Poems)
2 2026-09-24 09:37:51
Re: Polly Tickle (8 replies, posted in Poems)
I'll refer you to my previous comment.
You light my day each time I see
Your musings spread out before me
Whimsy, sometimes.
Serious, too.
Always entertaining
Always true.
Life according to a master of Lore
The world laid bare before him
Infected and sore
Shakespeare lives after centuries still
Lennon lives after just decades
You, my friend will live forever
Social commentary and political decline
Are food for your thought
Enlighten the blind
3 2026-09-20 09:32:24
Re: Polly Tickle (8 replies, posted in Poems)
Aw, that's so lovely. I believe you could write on just about any subject and make it intelligent and interesting. If Maree won't say it I shall, Pedr I enjoy reading your musings a 21st century Shakespeare.
4 2026-09-19 10:46:07
Re: Polly Tickle (8 replies, posted in Poems)
Pedr, you are the greatest. Maree must see you pen in hand or tip tapping away and say "would you like some tea, dear?" She knows when it's best to leave you alone, mending the roof can wait for another day...LOL
5 2026-09-19 10:39:36
Re: Chesney (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Apologies Brian, I didn't see your piece above Petes. It's brilliant how you two have created a great work while working separately, kudos to you both.
A body lay in the gutter
Sodden yet breathing still
A wonderfull woman, aren't they all?
Said "come on love, let's get you home"
She brushed him down and dried him out
He'd fallen from the grace of god?
The God of commerce is there an other?
Yes there is, a wise man's answer
She's a goddess, she's called the wife
A woman saved so many a life
Thank the lord for women
6 2026-09-19 10:28:37
Re: Chesney (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Thanks for changing my name to Chesney...lol sometimes wonder when your inspiration comes from? This I think shows the lighter side of your muse though it probably stems from truth? Nice one Pedr
7 2026-09-13 10:41:16
Re: Global Chordie LOL And Chatter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Jan and Neo, welcome to the Dark side!
Our words though in jest
Hide the depth of our thoughts
Deep in our minds where
Fantasy and life intermingle and mate
And the issue of our musings
Lay innocent on the page
To be read and digested
To be considered
Though not repeated
More is the shame
8 2026-09-06 11:04:05
Re: Blissful Sleep (5 replies, posted in Poems)
We all can all identify with barking dog syndrome! Another one for TIGLJK to put to music?
9 2026-08-31 19:56:20
Re: Homogenized Music (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Jim, you are right, but don't be fooled by that "live in the studio" thing. look at the credits on the sleeve notes there are usually 10 or more writers and sound bights from other songs. Check out some of the producers on YouTube, they can be quite vocal about modern music and how writers like yourself are getting screwed by the on-line download confederation. I wish your song all the success it deserves, it's a great song and I mean that.
10 2026-08-31 19:44:13
Re: Outlaws (Updated) (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
I like both versions, well done
11 2026-08-31 10:12:34
Re: Homogenized Music (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
No you're not alone Pedr! Although I think we are all striving for perfection technology is the forbidden fruit we find it almost impossible to deny. Personally I can ignore it as I still love bashing away at the strings or drums, not perfection but like a piece of chocolate or a pint on a hot day it quells my thirst, the "I did that syndrome," I bet Freud never thought of that?
12 2026-08-22 18:10:36
Re: The "Dog Days" of Summer (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Bill. Of course you can name any song you like, there is even a forum that houses the names, chords and words of thousands of songs. sorry if that sounds condescending. I'm beginning to realise what "dog days" means, I think? There is a track on The Eagles album Long Road Out Of Eden that mentions dog days, to be honest I still have no idea!
I think "Is That All You Got" sounds perfect for a song title, hope you don't mind if I try it?
13 2026-08-20 18:02:39
Re: paradise (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
happy accidents all the best songs have them
14 2026-08-20 09:51:08
Re: paradise (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Just gave your song a listen and as Pete said..."wow". I thought your words were great but together with your voice and guitar and the sound of the waves in the background, sea scape perfect.
15 2026-08-19 09:44:57
Re: paradise (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
That's beautiful Mojo, I'll give it a go later as its morning now and no one wants to hear me squawking at this hour. Again, beautiful.
16 2026-08-18 19:01:59
Re: The "Dog Days" of Summer (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Not for me to say but...Richard forgot to mention that it's winter in Oz, I was there some years ago and though we thought it was warm, the locals were wearing coats and hats, Margret River(?) was lovely but the sea was cold Richard, You'll probably know what I mean?
17 2026-08-15 19:14:58
Re: What Features Would You Like to See Added to Chordie? (3 replies, posted in About Chordie)
I've banned this newbee but left his/her post as they make a good point. Per cant be expected to cover all receptacles, but I get Chordie and all tools on PC, laptop and tablet. Android phones might have those tools, I don't know.
PLEASE DON'T PUT ADS IN YOUR SIGI IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE ON CHORDIE
18 2026-08-15 07:55:14
Re: The "Dog Days" of Summer (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Hi Bill, nice to hear from you. The weather here in the UK is unseasonably hot. My poor old lawn is turning from green to sort of beige colour cos there's a hosepipe ban. Sleeping is difficult as the bed is soaked in sweat. Otherwise it's lovely clear blue sky so suntan weather as long as we keep hydrated and lotioned up. So my friend keep cool and drink plenty of that awful stuff that doesn't taste like beer, oh what's it called oh yeah water, wash my mouth out!
19 2026-08-11 20:50:19
Re: you tube video of song I wrote (2 replies, posted in Songwriting)
That's brilliant Jim, did you wear your tightest underpants to sing it? LOL I'm guessing the recording is AI? I hope you wrote the words as the hook, the hooks as there were a few were top drawer, I can say no more I'm speechless...brilliant
20 2026-08-11 09:33:20
Re: poem /song ? (4 replies, posted in Songwriting)
I don't know if it's my tablet or soundcloud, or more accurately nosoundcloud, when I go on to your poem I get the "somethings gone wrong" banner same as I got with Jim's song the other day. Sorry, it's very annoying.
21 2026-08-08 18:11:57
Re: Which String Instrument Would You Recommend After Guitar? (3 replies, posted in Other string instruments)
I wasn't expecting Grah to recommend bass I thought he'd say uke. I have a friend that plays excellent guitar ans recently to stretch himself took up the uke and joined a uke orchestra and he loves it. Not my scene though I do guitar and bass drums and keyboards all very amateurish but I love music, so...
22 2026-08-05 10:14:36
Re: Just Might Be Me (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Nope still can't get in just a banner saying "something doesn't sound right". I may need to re-register?
23 2026-08-04 10:16:16
Re: Just Might Be Me (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
There seems to be a problem on soundcloud I couldn't get the video,
24 2026-08-04 10:13:34
Re: Global Chordie LOL And Chatter (7 replies, posted in Poems)
Pedr the Kiwi, master of verse and long white clouds.
Painter of pictures through verbs and nouns.
Massaging our brains we lesser mortals
We marvel at how his pros amaze us
Though crisps become chips
And chips become French fries
Coffee chosen over tea
Winter down there is summer up here
His videos to music or folk on the street
Remain in our hearts, brilliant kiwi Pete (Pedr)
25 2026-08-01 10:21:10
Re: Yorkshire Day 2026 Ilkley 1/2nd August (3 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Nice one Grah, dark stage is right...no picture, the subtitles had a problem too, AI I expect not as perfect as it's creators wanted, it couldn't recognise "route" or several other words. It's all about the music and joy of playing it and listening of course