Topic: when playing a song

when im playin a song should i keep the same  stumming pattern as the intro as most song i play are the same strumming all the way threw e.g oasis songs, or should i just strumm along 2 what the words sound like

plz can sum1 help me

ASH!

Re: when playing a song

I tend to strum on instinct.  I small change to the strumming pattern can have a huge effect on the sound of a song, so I tend to play what I think sounds good and not really worry about how close I'm sticking to a particular strumming pattern.  Some songs are easier to play that way than others.

I guess I'm just saying, "Do what feels right."

- OrionsByte

I agree with Orion!  Although it's good to strum with the actual song, your strum pattern may be a bit different when you play it without the song.  As long as you keep the beat count and change your chords accordingly, you should be fine!  Do what feels right is good!

Kahuna

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>OrionsByte wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 23&#58;27</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
I tend to strum on instinct.  I small change to the strumming pattern can have a huge effect on the sound of a song, so I tend to play what I think sounds good and not really worry about how close I'm sticking to a particular strumming pattern.  Some songs are easier to play that way than others.

I guess I'm just saying, "Do what feels right."

- OrionsByte
</td></tr></table>

Hi Ashley,

With rock and roll, there really are no rules. That's the great thing about it. If it sounds good to you do it. I've been playing for just about 35 years and now more than ever that's my feeling. If you like, probably others will also.

~B