Topic: musical christmas gifts

Just wondering what chordians gave / received in the way of musical gifts this year.

The wife got me one of these (the mid-back one):

http://www.soundseat.com/models.html#gasguitar

It's a great chair. My tush thanks her big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: musical christmas gifts

This song was a gift from me to the three groups of kids we played to this Christmas.
I wasn't hard to learn but we can only use it at this time of year.
The kids dug it.

http://www.minibite.com/christmas/hippo.htm

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

My son received his very own mic stand, 20' instrument cable(he kept borrowing Dads'!),a  IPOD kids boom box loaded with lots of Bob Marley, Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Johnson, with lots of  his favorite Steve Vai, and the following DVD's;

Queen-Live at Wembley
a film about Jimi Hendrix( sitting on a stool playing a 12 string)
Ozzy Osbourne- Live at Budokan
Bruce Springsteen- In Concert MTV Plugged

And Dad received;
The Grateful Dead Movie
The Allman Brothers Band- Live at the Beacon Theatre
Once( Soundtrack DVD)

Our music DVD's are our 'cartoons'. My kid would rather watch live music DVD's than Scooby Doo, Sponge Bob, and all the other cartoons out today. Lucky for me! (and him)

Give everything but up.

I got a Bailey Strap for my mandolin. The Sunburst. He was a pleasure to do business with and will get repeat trade.

http://thebaileystrap.com/Straps.html

What with MAS and GAS, I'm in a bad way! I may even have a touch of the BAS !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

I received a hand written letter from a lady that certainly brought music to my ears smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I saw this post on xmas day and thought I have to record something first before posting something on here.

My son got a 3/4 size electric guitar and starting kit.
My daugher gt a 3/4 size violin.

both have not had any lessons apart from me showing him the odd chord or two. My daughter as had a go on my wife's violin to make a noise, enough for her to say she wants to learn it.

About a week before christmas I had shown my boy a few clips on youtube with angus young, the guitarist from ac dc, the one that dresses like a school boy and goes mental on stage.

My son now thinks this guy is a god and indeed he is!

here is a one minute video of the two of them on christmas day, although only a minute this went on most of the day.
WARNING::::::: ear plugs may be needed::::::::

enjoy lol lol lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YRuUxH4j90

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I shall say a prayer for you Ken lol

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ken I thought that was great! it looks like a wonderful Christmas was enjoyed by all of your family thanks for sharing smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

HI Ken,

A years supply of vallium and earplugs for two are in the post you and your better half lol.

Seriously, it looks like you have two very happy kids on your hands.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I got one of those new 8 gig iPod Nano's, in black.  It's so thin, it's amazing how it holds so much information.  Plus, the sound is awesome too.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I got three slides... glass, chrome and bronze. Havin' lots of fun with 'em. My little sister got an iPod and I'm supposed to fill it up for her. She wants blues and jazz and alot of BB King(how cool of a request is that from a 12 year old??). And I didn't really get it FOR Christmas, but I bought with my christmas money the LEd Zeppelin II vynyl.

All You Need is Love smile

Very cool LR - seems like you are good influence on your little sis. But what is this vinyl you speak of? LOL - I've got several hundred record albums stored in a closet - I do still have a functional record player and even use it on occasion, but I bet there are many chordians that have never seen a vinyl album. Good for you!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

My husband bought me a new Gibson SG Special (wine red) on boxing day.  Not exactly a christmas gift, more like an early anniversary and birthday gift (both in January).  Very cool, indeed.  smile  Cheers to all who received or gave a musical gift.  The best gift of all!  Happy New Year everyone!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Got my grown daughter a Dulcimer.  It finally got here day before yesterday. I was afraid to post before it got here. She likes it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.