Topic: north wales blues

Hi
I am looking to form / join a group in the conwy area.

I am middle aged but still like to play, but all I can find here are teenagers who don't like old men.

If you have any interest please contact me.

I play electric and acustic guitar write music and words and can sing, the singing is not my best point but at least I try.  It would be very cool to play with others who still want to take matters further.  A good singer, a drumer and a base player would be very good, but other guitar players are welcome.

I can play lead (penatnoic) or rythem but due to my hands I have trouble with bar cords.

Hope to hear from you, TonyBlue

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: north wales blues

Oh come on, there must be someone in North Wales who want to play.

What can I offer you ??????
1. You will better looking than me.
2. You will be my new best friend.
3. I will constantly tell you how good you are.
4. I will come to play wherever you want.
5. I will learn how to spell rhythm.

Come on, I know others are looking at this post, give me some hope and send me a post with any offers or ideas.

So far I have tried other music sites, but I like this one the best and I have had a letter up in my local recording studio.

How did you find band members ?

TonyBlue

today I have been sent an email from bandmix,  there is a local guy on there list but I have to pay to get his details,  has anyone used bandmix that colud tell me if it is ok
tonyblue

wish i could help, sounds like we'd get along great. wish I lived in wales

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I also wish you lived local
I will keep on rocking, maybe someone will join in

tony eaves wrote:

I also wish you lived local
I will keep on rocking, maybe someone will join in

Thats the ticket!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

OK There are no guitar player in NORTH WALES
come on and I will teach you to play, even lend you a guitar to see if you like it

Tony

Not sure I can oblige to form a band but, for what it's worth, I do live in north wales (prestatyn) and play a bit of guitar so can at least confirm it's not a totally desolate musical wasteland.

At 47 I am also no longer a teenager (more's the pity) so I guess that proves you are not alone!

WHere do you play at the moment and what kinda stuff?

S.

Hi Steve,
Cool to hear from you,
I play mainly in Colwyn Bay at a recording studio called T.A.P.E. there are only four of us and two would like to form a group and split from the less adventurious.  There aim is to become good enough to go busking but they don't think it is right to take money from people, to me this defeats the object.
I also play in residential homes, they love it and I make £20 to £30 for an hour, but it has a limited life as you cannot keep going back.
Between the two of us we have a lot of holiday camps, and I think, we could make a small living from playing them, if we could find out how to get into them.
I play both eletric and accoustic guitar and can sing a bit, I also write songs.
I play blues rock and slow stuff, but I am very open to all styles.
If you are interested, please let me know and we can arrange to meet somewhere between the two of us.
Regards TonyBlue

Tony

Sounds like you're taking the 'playing for profit' theme seriously - I wish I had your ambition!

I don't get that much time to play but have a good friend who writes and sings, and we get together most weeks for a strum.

Always happy to talk guitars and music - likewise always happy to go for a beer - obvious solution therefore is to go for a beer and talk guitars and music!

Colwyn Bay works for me if convenient - when suits?

Hi Steve,
Yes I do like to get paid, it beats having to pay for the space when you play, but it is hard to find, but I still keep on looking.
We meet on a Thursday in old colwyn from 6 till 7.30, you and your friend would be made welcome, if you wanted to come regularly we all pay £25 per month.  The day after I have a gig for one hour which will pay me £50 plus £10 expensess, I am sure that you can see my point.
Or I could come out to you and we could have a beer,
TonyBlue

Tony
Sorry for delay, been a bit tied up for the last few days and hope your gig went well.
I'm probably not going to be able to make a regular slot but still good to meet for a drink. Thinking about it, is T.A.P.E the old MASE facility run by Steve and Chris? (if so it would prove what a small world it really is!)

I have a slight involvement with the Orange Sound studio in Penmaenmawr (which was previously part of MASE as well). Actually, there's a small party/gig to celebrate the studios first birthday on thursday 28 May in Colwyn Bay -if you're interested, perhaps come along after your session at TAPE?

I'll email you my contact details so give me a call if you fancy it.

Cheers
Steve

Steve you are spot on T.A.P.E is the old MASE.
Yes I will pop along to see you, will you be playing ?.
I will get the details from Chris.
See you on the 28th.

Yes thank you the gig when very well, and I have been asked back, which is a good sign

Regards Tony

Tony
Excellent - see you on 28th (make sure you drag Chris/Steve along as well)
The plan is to get a few of the people who have used Orange Sound to do a couple of acoustic tacks each - I might join in if the mood takes me.
Look forward to seeing you!
Best wishes
Steve

Hi Steve.
The party / gig, is at the Royal in Colwyn Bay, a very rough pub, so play well. 
I spoke to Chris & Steve who did not know about it, in the end they think it maybe someone called Russell who is holding a open mic night.
I will try to get the others from TAPE to come along, but I don't think Chris will be able to make it.
See you on the 28th
Tony