Topic: New President

This is my message to Barak Obama. Wishing him and everyone across the pond the best for the next 4 years.

"Bring You Home.

What all can one man mean,
long awaited, sight unseen?
Could you be the one
That brings us home?

We are all just walking down the road,
No place to settle.
Just bivouacs and fires,
Waiting for the someone
To lead us from the cold

Every man and woman on this road
Sees the situation and we know
That action is the watchword.
Now it's time to go.

I'm not looking for a shepherd
I can work and keep my word.
These hard hands are itching
To work for good

Won't dump my pain on one black man.
Just want someone to draft the plan
If you can hoist the flag
We'll shake your hand.

We've a forest of willing shoulders
To heave aside those blocking boulders.
Bring us peace and we will
Bring you home."

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Re: New President

so deep and heartfelt,

hi alan

i pity obama, as it seems the eyes of the world are upon him. the first black president, why make the distinction? lets hope in a years time we [and i mean...the world] can say "the first world leader of the 21st century to mean what he said and to do what he said he would"
remember thatcher [spits] we all said "the first woman prime minister" also the last...i wonder why?  [cause she was crap!!!]
lets hope he can fulfill his promise, he can't right the wrongs of the last presidency, and it may take years to get the world back on track, and of-course it all depends on his supporters and helpers, no one person however powerful can do it all them-self.

oh...[climes down from the soap box] nice work mate, encapsulates the hopes, dreams and wishes of the world

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cheers, Phil

Expectation is a terrible thing

I don't believe in crossing my fingers,
Want to keep them tight on the tiller
Gotta guide this boat home by the stars
Here's hoping this hope
Ain't one hope too far.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Great Stuff Alansheeran,

I watched it all today.. Then watched a programme about his life..   Fantastic Story" .

I do hope his thoughts and dreams are realized.. Blessings in abundance to him and his cabinet.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I do not understand that he sais the FIRST BLACK president, because he is only 50% black and 50% white.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

What difference does colour make, would it so terrible if he was green or purple, he's a man with a mission, let's not forget, he used to be a Muslim [or his family were] so what difference does that make? you Americans voted for the man, not his colour or his religion.

Give him a chance

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.