Topic: help

i just tryied posting my recording on mediafire and its not working. what am i doing wrong? id just like my friends on chordie to hear my songs! why is this so hard???

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: help

Hi selso,

All you need to do is upload your mp3. file to your mediafire account. Then when your friends want to hear your song, they will go to your mediafire address, download it, and listen. Perhaps you could be a little more specific than "its not working." To me it's not really that hard, in fact I thought it was extremely easy to upload/download files. Mediafire has some of the fastest upload and download speeds that I've used online. It takes me just a few seconds to download a 5 or 6 MB song, but of course my connection maybe faster than yours. Anyway a little more information about your problem would be helpful in trying to fix it. There are several people on here(chordie) that uses mediafire so we should be able to get you uploading and downloading in no time.

It just occurred to me that you may be looking for an imbeded music player on mediafire. They(mediafire) do not have a player,,,whoever wants to hear your song must go to your mediafire address and download it and then use their own software ( i.e. microsoft mediaplayer, winamp, adobe mediaplayer, etc...) to listen to the song.

Hope this helps

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Fatstrings gave some good tips,you may not be following the upload procedure which is.
log in,click upload files,mediafire opens your computer documents and you select which file to upload click "open" and it will start the upload you must then name a folder the narrow window that has typing in it on the right just click your mouse there and backspace till all the printing is gone and type in your folder name then click "upload" and it will start uploading your file to the folder you named after it is done verifying it will prompt you to "view"your folder where the song is stored and the folder name is what you tell your friends to open and when they click on the song it will open another page and its says "dowload folder" thats all you have to do,give it a shot and if your still having trouble get back to us smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

i tried and i hope this works thanks for the help

Reverend Horton Heat

good luck any problems give a holler smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It might not be you. Sometimes mediafire gets a little "bogged down". I've noticed lately sometimes it takes a couple of tries during busier times.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi selso
I don't think mediafire is such a great place to showcase your songs. Ok for file sharing but it does like using popups etc.
I think it's better to sign up on Myspace as an artist and upload your songs (maxium of six) to your page where the song will be played as it is viewed.
Ark

im already signed on myspace so would i have to create a new user?

Reverend Horton Heat

Selso
If you have signed up as an artist then you would be able to upload your songs to that account.
If not then you would would have to sign up again using a different email as an artist.
Ark

hey thanksa arkady, i just listen to some of your songs on myspace,... warpath, what a great song!

Reverend Horton Heat

Selso
Thanks.... I hope you can sort out your upload problems I would like to hear your stuff smile
Ark

I just downloaded a file from your mediafire page selso called "FreeHi-Q_1-11-2009_12"...it wasnt in mp3 format...not sure what kind of file it was to be honest...my puter wouldnt open it....
you will need to "export" or "save as" mp3.....what recording program are you using?

I just had a listen and it's an MP3.Seemed to open up alright for me.At least it is labeled MP3.I opened it up from original post in songwriting section.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)