1 (edited by craig23 2009-02-09 04:23:40)

Topic: Grammys

What is the guitar that T bone Burnett was playing with Alison Krause and Robert Plant? It looked like an acoustic guitar, size wise, but it had no sound hole. Lipstick tube pick ups, kind of a stripped tortise shell pickguard white knobs, big block inlays on the neck but I saw no name or design on the headstock. Any help?

Re: Grammys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Yk1ohK8SI     founda video with him playing the guitar.

Got it! Its a Kay thin twin K161 Jimmy Reed model.

T-bone is the man! He's got that surf-a-billy sound down! I really like the Plant/Krauss CD.

Give everything but up.

I've always liked Alison Krauss and LZ goes without saying. I always thought the combination was a little wierd though. I guess I've held a bit of a grudge against the pair thinking Plant should be out with Led Zepplin, But after hearing thier performance I think I need to check it out. Yes The sound T bone had as well as some of the stuff on youtube sounds real good.

craig23 wrote:

I've always liked Alison Krauss and LZ goes without saying. I always thought the combination was a little wierd though. I guess I've held a bit of a grudge against the pair thinking Plant should be out with Led Zepplin, But after hearing thier performance I think I need to check it out. Yes The sound T bone had as well as some of the stuff on youtube sounds real good.

I was sort of the same way. They both have amazing voices... but not two I'd expect to mix well. I was pleasently surprised.

All You Need is Love smile