Topic: Tenor ukulele tuning?

Just curious how everyone tunes their Tenor uke's. I'm mainly interested in your prefrences between High G and Low G? Which do you prefer and why?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Tenor ukulele tuning?

I have mine tuned high-G. To keep it the same as the Soprano. I also use unwound Aquila nylgut strings at the moment. I'm still wavering between them and the wound third Aquila set.

I like the High-G because I think it gives a more interesting sound when strumming. Which is what I do mostly. Not a very good picker I'm afraid sad

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-03-11 13:26:09)

Thanks for the input!  I'm using the same strings and tuning at the moment and am pleased as well. I have a set of aquila low g's that I'm going to try once the high g's wear out just to be sure but I have a feeling I'll be sticking with the high g set in the long run.
  Welcome to chordie!!   -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks! I've been using chordie since I got my first Uke just before christmas.

I'm playing a 15 minute set at a local Uke club tonight... Scary!

good luck and enjoy yerself

be sure to tell us all about it in the other section for telling us about your gigs.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

My Tenor Uke is currently tuned high G, because thats the way it arrived. I will say it does promote a unique sound, but some chord progressions sound odd with high G tuning. I will be changing it ti Low G when i get a new set of strings.