Topic: Success stories

Hey, there are lots of guys and gals on here looking for folks near-by to strum with. I was wondering if there are any real success stories. Has anyone found others and really hit it off? Has it started a real friendship and musical partnership that has really been worth while.

I'm really just being nosy. smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Re: Success stories

I used to run an open mike night at a local beach bar. I got dinner and a couple beers for playing guitar and singing and encouraging others to join me. It was fun.
I had a group of regulars who were fairly good who played most every Saturday,
John Reno walked in with his wife, Jane one night and listened while they had dinner. As they got up to leave, I started a funny song. They sat back down and later, John got up and sang a funny song that brought the house down. He is a very polished professional strummer and singer.
John and I share a love for silly songs and we both know hundreds of them. He then hired me to play gigs he was too busy to cover.
I made good money for two years as John's backup guy and then I bought the tuba.
John invited me to bring the tuba to a charity gig he played and sit in. The gig was a big hit and as a former trumpet player, John dug brass horns. I have been John's tuba guy ever since.
http://www.myspace.com/johnrenomusic

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Now that's a great story! I had a listen and you know what? Tuba really does fit in well. Who'da thunk it!

Thanks for that, Dennis.

Thank you alvee33. Great to hear your considered opinion aside from the fact that you appear to agree with me. smilesmile
Two trips to Scotland were not enough for my wife and I. I'd love to get back and envy your opportunity to live in such a dynamic place.
My wife comes from Renfrew, South Carolina U.S.A.
What large city in Scotland is Renfrewshire closest to?
Dennis

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Renfrew, eh?
Renfrewshire is the county which takes it's name from Renfrew. I live about 7 miles south west of Renfrew, in one of Renfrewshire's many villages. A short hop east across the famous River Clyde from Renfrew and you are in Scotland's largest city - Glasgow. Renfrew is known as "The Cradle of the Stewarts" and is proud to claim that the Stewart line of monarchs originated from there. Here's a link to a town website http://www.myrenfrew.com/index.htm .
Chances are that on your previous visits, if you flew into Glasgow International Airport you could see Renfrew out the window as you landed (depending on which way aproached). And on second thoughts if you aproached from the other direction you could probably see in my window!

Get yourselves over here.