Topic: Chord charts for open tunings

My first post and Hello all. I am not new to forums but I am new to belonging and posting on a forum, even though I've had a computer since '98 so this post will "break my (fruit)", so to speak. I wonder if there is a site that has chord charts for open E and other open tunings. Chordie may have this and I haven't delved deep enough to find it. Thanks

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-03-15 14:55:47)

Re: Chord charts for open tunings

Hey drypilot, Welcome to Chordie! It's great to have you aboard! Hope to see you around the forums smile As far as your request... Give this a shot http://eceserv0.ece.wisc.edu/~sethares/ … unings.pdf They cover pretty much all open tunings with explanations and chord charts for every tuning. Hope it helps! -Pix

Hmmm.... I just scanned through the link I gave and it doesn't have open E...Sorry smile Hopefully it's still usefull. I'll browse around for an open e chart now though.               You playing slide?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thank you Guitarpix. Had no idea I'd get a reply so quick. I'll check this out as soon as I download latest Adobe. (duh). I'm trying to keep up with my very talented 16 yr. old daughter who is classically trained since 5 yrs old and has been an Irish fiddler for the last 5 yrs. also. The best I can do is broaden her horizons and Chordie seems to be just the ticket. She has also picked up the guitar in the last year and is coming along smartly. Maybe I can introduce her to Joni Mitchelle and others mentioned in previous post involving open tunings. Thanks for the nice Welcome

What a great site Guitarpix! THANKS! And Hi, drypilot.

Ron:-)

Ron

drypilot wrote:

My first post and Hello all. I am not new to forums but I am new to belonging and posting on a forum, even though I've had a computer since '98 so this post will "break my (fruit)", so to speak. I wonder if there is a site that has chord charts for open E and other open tunings. Chordie may have this and I haven't delved deep enough to find it. Thanks

......or give this site a look;

http://12bar.de/scale_generator.php

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

that's nice!!--SouthPaw41L

Ron

Hey Guitarpix, a newbie to Chordie membership meself, but not the site and certainly not the guitar.

The http://eceserv0.ece.wisc.edu/~sethares/ … unings.pdf site is excellent - cool as mustard ;-) Didn't even think to look for suchlike but now I have it (insert Dr Evil laugh here) !!!!

Rudh hag Owr, KajiMa

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

drypilot wrote:

...I'm trying to keep up with my very talented 16 yr. old daughter who is classically trained since 5 yrs old and has been an Irish fiddler for the last 5 yrs. also...

Haha, good luck, you may need it.

Mandolin>guitar