Topic: Snow day

Its a snow day today. No school for the kids, no work for the dad. Problem being theres not a whole lot of snow on the ground. Did the school district just want to start spring break early? Starts on Monday. Guess theres nothing else to do but play my guitar and watch cartoons. My kids are cleaning the house for me, so theres really nothing to do. What the weather like where you live? Sorry for the rant, I'm just bored!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: Snow day

The winter broke here in Wales last week, we had about 10 days of very mild weather with crystal clear blue skies, I even had shorts and a t-shirt in the garden a few days.  Back to normal this week tho ;?(

We had snow back in January which cost me 4 days off work and the kids out of school for the whole week.  I live at about 1000 feet, deep in a steep valley so we only need a little snow and the roads are un drivable due to the steepness of them.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

crevs , sounds like a nice place.

Well selso, I live in Scotland so weather here is mostly always miserable, cold, windy, snowy, sunny, cloudy, more clouds to go over the clouds, rain, hail, sleet and this happens all in one day lol
not bad weather at the moment, some heavy showers and meant to get snow again on Sunday.

I dont know why I have a garden, I should dig it out and make a big fish pond as we get plaenty fresh rain water

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

4 (edited by alansheeran 2009-03-28 09:07:53)

UYK,

So Scotland's been stealing our weather again - can you not get some of your own !

Selso,

Do you get snow in new mexico ?

Sounds like another song!

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

crevs.1972 wrote:

The winter broke here in Wales last week, we had about 10 days of very mild weather with crystal clear blue skies, I even had shorts and a t-shirt in the garden a few days.  Back to normal this week tho ;?(

We had snow back in January which cost me 4 days off work and the kids out of school for the whole week.  I live at about 1000 feet, deep in a steep valley so we only need a little snow and the roads are un drivable due to the steepness of them.

Jings! I hope things improve for July, when I head down Welsh Wales way on holiday lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

6 (edited by selso 2009-03-28 14:23:44)

alansheeran wrote:

UYK,

So Scotland's been stealing our weather again - can you not get some of your own !

Selso,

Do you get snow in new mexico ?

Sounds like another song!

Oh yeah, we get lots of snow where I live, Northern New Mexico. Taos Ski Valley is well known for its skiing

Reverend Horton Heat

Does the school close beacuse of a little snow in the states?!
I live in Denmark, and here there has to be like 2 metres of snow before school closes.

I wish I could see a field below..

I live in Wisconsin and the weather station issued a winter weather warnning for my area they expect up to 8in of snow tonight but this is not unusual for this part of the country we have had snow storms in may and june already smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

brokenscreen wrote:

I live in Denmark, and here there has to be like 2 metres of snow before school closes.

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada school closes with just a little snow on the ground and roads are slippery. As kids we never missed school when it snowed. Oh how the times have changed.

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada school closes with just a little snow on the ground and roads are slippery. As kids we never missed school when it snowed. Oh how the times have changed.

Badeye    cool

I think it sounds crazy.
I have only tried one time that school closed beacuse of snow, and it was beacuse there only were like three teachers that came. All the students just walked to school. There is no thing called 'staying home' here. No matter the weather!

I wish I could see a field below..

brokenscreen wrote:

Yeah, they close the schools when it snows. Sometimes theres just a 2 hour delay but this time they closed them, proubly because everyone wanted to start spring break early.

Reverend Horton Heat

12 (edited by selso 2009-03-29 15:05:45)

upyerkilt wrote:

crevs , sounds like a nice place.

Well selso, I live in Scotland so weather here is mostly always miserable, cold, windy, snowy, sunny, cloudy, more clouds to go over the clouds, rain, hail, sleet and this happens all in one day lol
not bad weather at the moment, some heavy showers and meant to get snow again on Sunday.

I dont know why I have a garden, I should dig it out and make a big fish pond as we get plaenty fresh rain water

Ken

Everything in my garden just died too. We had a couple of nice days, so I planted some bulbs, but that one little cold front killed everything. Iwas thinking of plowing it over to start a pond too. Weve got about a half acre garden so it takes alot of time and effort that I just dont have. We also have an apple and pear orchard so I have to choose which gets my attention

Reverend Horton Heat

alvee33 wrote:

Jings! I hope things improve for July, when I head down Welsh Wales way on holiday lol

I'm sure it will, where you heading, North, South or mid?

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Hi Selso,

It was windy and freezing cold when i left Dublin  early yesterday morning. I arrived  2 hours later to the Mountains of Mourne.
Sunshine and much warmer temperatures. We can get all the seasons in one day here.  But its Brrrrrrr, tonight again.

Roll on summer.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Clearly one of the Mourne Hill farmers left the heat on overnight, Lena. It was baltic in Belfast!

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Forecast for Saturday was light wobbles after leaving the Hunters Lodge's Potholer beer followed by a warm front of G and T's in the Belfry with a very heavy head on Sunday lasting until evening!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Wow, march 31, we had a big storm last nite, school's closed provunce wide. The school kids today have lots of days off due to weather. More snow on the way. where is spring??????????

Badeye    not cool

one caper after another

Its actually warm today! Gonna take the kids to the park ,play some games, maybe try to salvage my garden. Yippie! Sorry badeye, I dont mean to brag

Reverend Horton Heat

Over on this side of the pond we have gone from a fairly warm 40 degrees to a rather chilly 26 degrees - winter is on it's way, mind you, we still don't know what snow looks like except on postcards.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

selso wrote:

Its actually warm today! Gonna take the kids to the park ,play some games, maybe try to salvage my garden. Yippie! Sorry badeye, I dont mean to brag

Thats cool, nice weather just around the bend i bet, ahh be nice to start the garden again.
one can have fresh radish in 28 days.  lets spring spring.

Badeye  .. cool

one caper after another