Topic: What temperture on the strings is best?

Any to borther about anyway? Do they streach (get warm if you will) so much that the loose the tone?

Should I tune my guitar cold or more varm? Room- ish? smile

Re: What temperture on the strings is best?

The tuning on the strings will change as temperature/humidity changes.  It does not matter what the temperature/humidity is when you tune.  The strings will stretch or tighten when you move to a new environment.  The key is to keep re-tuning until you are in the same stable environment long enough for everything to equilibrate.  I have found that it will take about 15-20 minutes after a significant environmental change for everything to stabilize.

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

I set my guitar out on it's stand at least 30 minutes before I tune up and play to give the guitar a chance to settle in to room temperature.
You don't want to have an air conditioning vent aimed at you onstage. When it cycles on and off your tuning will go out.
Down here in the steamy South, a music venue will set the air conditioner high to super cool the room before the crowd arrives. After the room packs out with warm bodies andd sweaty dancers, there is little chance the A/C can drop the temperature very much.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks for helping out!