1 (edited by marcalan 2009-04-04 14:09:51)

Topic: OK THEN FAIR PLAY, BEST FEMALE PERFORMERS

I hacked on the Gals for annoying singers, Sorry Wayne and Roscoe . Lets do best female performers. This Gal is one of my all time favs Susan Tedeschi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs50uz3a … re=related

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: OK THEN FAIR PLAY, BEST FEMALE PERFORMERS

I love Stefanie Heinzmann's voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2XLuWGjaeo

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I really cannot get into music where there is a woman singer. I dont know why.
But a few that I do like are

Cheryl crow and..... hmmmm Allanis morrisete? eh, ok I am struggling now......
Maybe a few more that I tihnk are ok but I do not and will not have any of their albums. My wife might though

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I feel exactly the same as Upyerkilt.  I have never liked female singers that much.  I seldom buy any of their music.  Oh there are some exceptions, and there are many great female singers out there, however this Susan Tedeschi sounds great.  I must admit, I don't know her, but I do like her style.  I might buy her greatest hits.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bonnie Raitt and Ani DiFranco. Both sing great and both can play guitar better then me.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I saw Bonnie Raitt do a cover of a John Prine song "make me an Angel" outstanding and she is one of the best slide guitarist on this planet smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

7 (edited by wlbaye 2009-04-04 19:05:51)

I"m with Russ on Bonnie Raitt, when you hear her play and sing it is right up there.   

I have been learning a couple songs by Eva Cassidy, I really like her style!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-haKkFnT8

Later, Wayne P

I agree Eva Cassidy was a fine musician and jazz singer  terrible to find her only late

I would try another.

Mary McCaslin, Bonnie Raitt,  Iris DeMent

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Hayley Williams [Paramore]
Kt Tunstall
Dido
Laura Marling

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Can't beleive I'm first to say Chrissie Hynde. Coolest rock chick ever! Or maybe Joan Jett. Lita Ford is hot and an awesome guitarist. Joan Jett and Lita Ford used to both be in the same band, The Runaways. Ch ch ch ch cherry bomb!

There is one female singer I have always liked.  Back in the hippy days.  A different voice, different style.  Melanie Safka.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8s7HaM3zI8

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Miss Patsy Cline.  If I were to pick a list of the top ten female singers, I'd pick Miss Patsy 10 times.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

14 (edited by ozymandias 2009-04-04 21:44:59)

craig23 wrote:

Can't beleive I'm first to say Chrissie Hynde. Coolest rock chick ever! Or maybe Joan Jett. Lita Ford is hot and an awesome guitarist. Joan Jett and Lita Ford used to both be in the same band, The Runaways. Ch ch ch ch cherry bomb!

Gotta go with that as well!!!  Yes, Indeed!  After seeing Celine Dion do AC/DC, I envision Joan Jett or Lita Ford covering tunes from them and doing them awesomely.  Chrissie Hynde rocks in a more subtle cool way!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Patsy is another timeless singer.  I agree, Zurf

bensonp wrote:

Patsy is another timeless singer.  I agree, Zurf

Agree with Patsy Cline and to add to that, Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris.   For rock and/or pop, Stevie Nicks still has a powerful voice.

OK, stand back boys. 

Bonnie Raitt ( as a few have said) Carolyn Wonderland, Kelly Richey, Ruthie Foster, Eva Cassidy (again, 'nough said).  A few great Blues/Guitar singer/songwriters. 

Stevie Nicks for sure as noted.   Then there's Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart.  I think Ann's voice is better than ever and if I could play as well as Nancy then I'd be a happy girl.  smile 

Cyndi Lauper has a great rock voice.  Diana Krall for jazz. What about Pat Benatar!  Wow, can she sing.  I mean the list can go on and on......Norah Jones, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Kate Rusby, Brandi Carlile, Pink has a pretty great blues voice on her too, Chrissy Hynde for sure, Sarah McLaughlin, Sarah Harmer, Sara Slean (all three Canadian smile ) Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Alana Davis.......There's a start.  smile

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Rita MacNeil

cool  Badeye.

one caper after another

Aretha Franklin.

Say no more.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon rank right up there in my book.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Etta James, Irma Thomas, Big Momma Thorton some real big blues voices.

Ma Rainey as well

cool  Badeye.

one caper after another

22 (edited by bensonp 2009-04-04 23:25:33)

OK, Joan Baez.  Now we're on a roll.  Amy Whinehouse?

oops UP YOUR KILT, mine as well, as deep as a well....started a bonnie fire huh?
How about Marilyn Monroe singing  Happy Birthday Mr. President..you know that was a delivery

I would try another.

RavenLady wrote:

OK, stand back boys. 

Bonnie Raitt ( as a few have said) Carolyn Wonderland, Kelly Richey, Ruthie Foster, Eva Cassidy (again, 'nough said).  A few great Blues/Guitar singer/songwriters. 

Stevie Nicks for sure as noted.   Then there's Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart.  I think Ann's voice is better than ever and if I could play as well as Nancy then I'd be a happy girl.  smile 

Cyndi Lauper has a great rock voice.  Diana Krall for jazz. What about Pat Benatar!  Wow, can she sing.  I mean the list can go on and on......Norah Jones, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Kate Rusby, Brandi Carlile, Pink has a pretty great blues voice on her too, Chrissy Hynde for sure, Sarah McLaughlin, Sarah Harmer, Sara Slean (all three Canadian smile ) Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Alana Davis.......There's a start.  smile

The Wilson sisters I'll give you.  Pat Benatar and Norah Jones make me switch channels ASAP. 

But, as Dave Barry, put it, "Music is subjective".  "Book of bad songs"

Haley Westonra anyone?

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<