Topic: THE GUITAR AND THE SUN

Dear fellow Chordians I hope you like this.
I'm working hard on my English, so please correct me when I'm wrong. Here my poem.

THE SUN
Isn’t it strange to look into the sky and see that yellow globe
Some days surrounded with a fine blue haze of clouds
Everyday she comes and goes not hanging on a rope
This beautiful phenomenon attracting lots of crowds

The light we see day after day is coming 8 minutes later
We love her, we need her without her there’s no life
She can shine so hard like a million lamps ampere
You have to respect her, to love her as your legal wife

Some people love her, some people hate her because she’s hot
The ones telling you I hate her, don’t blame them for being ignorant
She was a goddess once in Egypt, baptized Ra and adored a lot
She gives life, trees, flowers and hides her when it rains but never constant

Oh sun where art thou when it’s dark and when we see the moon
When the sky is dark, clear and filled with little lights called stars
Well go to sleep, have sweet dreams we’ll see her soon
Then we wake up, we take a shower, fresh cloths and play our beloved guitars.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE GUITAR AND THE SUN

hello lieven,

no spelling corrections or word changes, i like this piece as it has such great humour and truth at the same time, your english is coming along just fine, and your verse construction is too.

just a thought; the ancient celts also worshipped the sun, as does my wife, she's looking forward to a nice long holiday somewhere round the mediterranean...me too!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks my dear collegue.
I try to do the best I can for "our" poem section.
I was a little bit skeptical at first, POEMS, but 2 days later? I think we can speak of a success. Did you expect so many poems? All those different poems?
I really love my job, I can't even remember if we had to "warn" a fellow chordian.
ME: I am a fanatic "word game" player, and here I can use my "game" playing with words, misspelling on purpose, switching 1 letter. DON'T FORGET THAT CHORDIANS WRITING POEMS HERE = SERIOUS BUSINESS, a lot of them are real poets, writing straight from the heart. And the popularity is going up.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I wont forget that we have many and varied poets on chordie, and it's quite obvious that many songwriters are good poets also, so it's a good place to start your work and get help and encouragement for progressing in their chosen field.

word play is my fav...correction, second favorite kind of play...i loved lennon's books, i can't quote anything as i havent read them for many years, my ex-wife kept them when i left...witch!

so keep on keeping on

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phil VERY INTERESTING, and because you have le the idea it is fair to take both the questions.