Topic: Kalimba Anyone??

I think these are so cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XD02oMH … r_embedded I just ordered the model in the vid. It's the Hugh Tracey Alto Kalimba with pickup. Can't wait to add it to some recordings! Maybe throw on some affects for some funky tunes smile Anybody out in chordie land play one? It's a south African instrument, but I think I'm going to try to mix it with an island/tropical sound...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Kalimba Anyone??

Pix that is a cool instrument! interesting how the bass keys are located in the center and the tones get higher towards the outside in both directions thanks for the link smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Kalimba Anyone??

In my neck of the woods we call these little gizmos "thumb pianos". I'd never seen one for sale with a pick-up installed. Great idea!  We have lots of tropicalish arts and crafts shows down here on the beach. Handmade musical instruments are many times the most popular booth. Cool link, thanks.

Give everything but up.