There is a comment saying that i sould record it. I need
help!! How can i do this and were do i go i have NO idea
could i please have a reply ASAP

Thanks

Matthew

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

Re: I need alot of help please

Hi guitarrock,

Glad to hear you want to get into recording, it's loads of fun. There are a few ways you can accomplish this task depending on what you want to do. You can do the recording yourself probably with the equipment you already have, just follow the tutorials that the MOD- Russell has put together in a sticky on the recording forum. Don't worry this process is not expensive, as a matter of fact, it is almost free. That's the way we like to do it,,,:lol:,, Also if you want a full band sound, and don't know how to play all the instruments, there are several musicians here on the recording forum at chordie that are willing to put their instruments to your music. There's vocalists, drummers, bassists, guitarist, tuba players, mandoline players, and the list goes on. Also there have been several chordians who will even do the producing for you, so whatever your looking for I'm confident you can find it here on chordie. This has been accomplished a few times on chordie with great success, and I know there are several of us here that have been looking forward to doing another project. If you need any help with getting started or anything along the way, don't be afraid to ask here on the recording forum because chordians are the most helpful and friendliest folks on the planet.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

fatstrings wrote:

Hi guitarrock,

Glad to hear you want to get into recording, it's loads of fun. There are a few ways you can accomplish this task depending on what you want to do. You can do the recording yourself probably with the equipment you already have, just follow the tutorials that the MOD- Russell has put together in a sticky on the recording forum. Don't worry this process is not expensive, as a matter of fact, it is almost free. That's the way we like to do it,,,:lol:,, Also if you want a full band sound, and don't know how to play all the instruments, there are several musicians here on the recording forum at chordie that are willing to put their instruments to your music. There's vocalists, drummers, bassists, guitarist, tuba players, mandoline players, and the list goes on. Also there have been several chordians who will even do the producing for you, so whatever your looking for I'm confident you can find it here on chordie. This has been accomplished a few times on chordie with great success, and I know there are several of us here that have been looking forward to doing another project. If you need any help with getting started or anything along the way, don't be afraid to ask here on the recording forum because chordians are the most helpful and friendliest folks on the planet.

Thanks heaps but i dont have any recording tools i know how to play guitar and thats my lot lol what sort of tools would i need?

Thanks

Matt

Some of the tools you'll need is a program to edit your tracks, Audacity seems to be the most popular it's a free download at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/    I would probably go ahead and download this program then go through Russell's tutorials because he explains everything you'll need in detail and all the tutorials are for the audacity program. You can get the tutorials at http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php?r=ippam

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

the link to mediafire is a bad link i will go there and get a good one I dont know what happened smile

fatstrings wrote:

Some of the tools you'll need is a program to edit your tracks, Audacity seems to be the most popular it's a free download at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/    I would probably go ahead and download this program then go through Russell's tutorials because he explains everything you'll need in detail and all the tutorials are for the audacity program.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

If you read my post: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9253 that should help too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks all for your wonderful help i have what i need and im happy about it