Topic: This good enough?? Songbook project related...

I was messing around with the webcam and shot this real quick to go with the songbook. I also added the patterns written out in the songs comments section.   This is only a rough vid... Only a webcam and it's cheap! I plan on using the home cam for the others as it's much clearer.  Here's the link to the chordie page as it will show in the songbook http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.r … lways& Just curious if everyone thinks this will suffice. Please keep in mind that I don't know or play most of the songs I'm doing vids for and am only working out rough basic patterns for them...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: This good enough?? Songbook project related...

Looks fantastic Pix - Great job and I am sure many will appreciate your efforts. Man - free give-aways, posting this vid. Volunteering to host a pic site, setting up a youtube page!!! WOW!!

I nominate Guitarpix for Mod of the month - an extra jar of pickles and a primo parking spot for you my friend!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

That's woth its weight in gold.  Keep up the good work.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks guys!! To be honest, I'm not really happy with it pesonally... sad But I keep reminding myself that I have a lot left to do and no time to really learn all the songs proper, get all the vids, or playing perfect smile Most of them I'll probably never play again anyway smile As long as it's good enough to be helpfull for beginners, That's all I'm after. Going to try to get several of these up tonite.   Just got through editing/correcting "Be Like That" by 3 Doors Down into chordpro and uploading patterns and video for it. Wonder how many I can finished before midnight or I pass out one?? smile  Oh well, Pop a top a start another wink-Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

5 (edited by micky the mooch 2009-04-14 03:08:49)

Hey Pix !
Fantastic  job m8! well done its just the type of instructions us learners need, big_smile everything's there

Video, strum pattern,  the best bit is the chord strum at the bottom ( like the Bm chord played with 2 strums) spot on! if you had'nt put that in i would be trying the full strum pattern there.

thanks for your time and hard work.

cheers micky cool

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Great job Pix, like Mickey said just what learners need. Thanks.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

It looks great Pix... You've put so much time and effort in. It is going to be really usefull.

tine
-x-

Great one Pix,

I bet you never realised just what you were letting yourself in for when you suggested starting a Begginner's Songbook but looking at this it will be a great reference tool for them. The next time you are in the Algarve I will buy you a pint (or two).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

WOW! Pix.
What you have done is the reason I visit Chordie everyday. I get so much infomation and encouragement from the postings.
Thanks.

Pix that was very good.
If every song had this it would make chordie so much better lol
when will you be finished them all? lol

seriously though good stuff. It is good chordie has this option to add in tutorial vids like this to help others.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending