Topic: My first attempt

I've been trying to write about other things for sometime but this is something that dominates my feelings... Maybe if I get it off of my chest I can move on to other things.

Also I think other women (and men) should be warned.

For Tony

Two years this summer have gone so fast
But still it could be yesterday
A thousand baths won't erase your filth
A sea of disinfectant won't make you go away

What would I do if I saw you again?
Truth is that I cannot be strong
I clam-up, I falter when you walk in a room
Your mind games have made ME feel wrong.

So now I want to shout about it
No longer a victim,
I have my freedom and my life
and Tony you will never win.
Oh no you're never going to win.

Because you are full of so much rubbish
Speaking in riddles and rhymes
I wish that I'd had the courage back then
to prevent you from ruining more lives.

The hell that I've been through I don't think you know
How badly that this affected me
I'd have handed you in, I'd have gone to the cops
If I hadn't been dealing with your HIV

Now still today, I have no idea why
all I know is I never suspected
Your plan all along to get me alone
Violate me, try to get me infected.

So Tony, did you really think you could break ME?
Tony, all the times you've made me cry
Well Tony, I still have my life
and you my friend are going to die.

So there it is... Next time I will write a more light hearted subject but that was for everyone who has been decieved in this way.

Stay safe
-x-

Re: My first attempt

Hi Tine, Kudos to you for writing this piece about a subject that has affected you deeply. This takes a lot of nerve to do and hopefully, will help you spiritually to heal and regain your sense of self-worth. There are some powerful lines in this poem and can't help but feel you are well on your way to achieving this goal. smile

An Awesome Write, I'd give you a hug but the lines to skinny for me to get through, so by all means give yourself one from me.

Thanks for this.
Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

3 (edited by selso 2009-04-16 23:01:22)

You go girl! Sounds like this guy needs a punch in the mouth. I tell my girls all the time that men are pigs (for the most part). I find that once I get it off my chest I feel better.(for the most part) 2 years is a long time to hold that in. Feel better? I sure hope so. Dont let one idiot bring you down. Stay strong and this guy really needs a punch in the mouth.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Yeah he does deserve a punch in the mouth but he will probably get worse than that where he is now.

Well I do feel better actually... Weirdly enough.

Cheers folksx

Hi Tine,

Not all men are the arrogant self-effacing, illegitimate sons of cross-bred curs that you are well entitled to believe we are! From past experience I know that an awful lot of young women go through hell at the hands of control freak boys, who will use for their own convenience any young lady susceptible enough to fall for their BS. how many times have I heard the same excuse that the female actually believes it's her own fault for getting a beating, or as in your case worse.

Personally, I'd have these guys torchered and flogged. There was an old punishment about 200 years ago, where first they'd be put on the rack, then hung, then before they died they'd be cut down and have their stomach sliced open and their entrails removed [while they were still alive!] then they'd be quartered, and the quarters would be sent to each cardinal point of the country....now that would make me feel better, and possibly deter any other **** from doing it.

Now I feel better for getting that off my chest!

A very poignant poem, and an excellent first posting, so welcome to Chordie Poems, and I hope we see a lot more of your very descriptive and eloquent work/

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.