Re: SINGERS AND SINGING

This is me sitting down in the dark with a tuba across my lap helping John Reno sing, "I Lobster but Never Flounder" , a tune off of his "Magic Chair" album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxajh5ZzKPA

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hey KajiMa, sound like you are getting together a "Chordie-Fest!"

It must be nice to live in a place where so many are close enough to arrange something like that.  Over on this side of the "Pond" we are so spread out that a day's drive wouldn't get you near!  To give you an idea... the western half of Oregon (the part I call home) is large enough to house all of England and Wales, the eastern half would fit Scotland with enough room left over to squeeze in one of our smaller states.

Hope you gather enough members to make it a great and memorable weekend!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Over on this side of the "Pond" we are so spread out that a day's drive wouldn't get you near!

Yeah! I used to have a car like that!

Seriously tho', this is quiet a remote area (relatively for the UK), our village school has 2 classes - infants and juniors!! Aside from Monday nights (see below) and the Folk Festival once a year, you have to travel for anything (including just a pint of moo juice)!

Any Chordians who are in Priddy on a Monday will be very welcome at the Queen Victoria Inn for the Monday night Folk/Acoustic Jam. Don't be put off, if you don't have to plug it in then anything goes (we make acception for Keyboards and QUIET plugged in guitars!).

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Thanks all for the interest in coming here for the Folk Festival.

I've checked with the owner that it was OK to post this (hence the delay) and as she said "YES!"

I can direct you all to go to http://www.ebborwaysfarm.co.uk/  to check out camping here and to go to http://www.priddyfolk.org/ to check what's going on with the Festy.

If anyone wants to come here to camp, please let us know how many are in your party via E-mail or phone so we know how many portaloos to order. If you're expecting a full featured campsite you will be disappointed as this is a farm with fields that people have asked to camp in; this has grown by word of mouth, but the only facilities we have are a tap (and portaloos for events like this) but we do have someone on-site who provides catering for the Folk Festy.

I am usually very busy around the Folk Festival but look forward to meeting any Chordians that can make it and having a few beers, etc, around the camp fire and swapping songs 'til the early hours!!! big_smile cool

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Any more interest (or not) in Singers and Singing? (BUMP)