Topic: slow down music

Am I the only one who didn't know you can slow down a track with windows media player? I have wanted a Tascam MP-GT1 for a long time but thought it was a little out of my price range for that kind of gadget. Found one on craigslist today for 50 bucks. I said " Oh I'm going to get that tonight!" Checked Ebay again to  see what they were going for and found "song surgeon" which is a software which does essentially the same thing as the Tascam. So while I was checking it out, one of the user reviews said something about slowing down tracks with media player. I opened mine up and sure enough its right there the whole time! Slows down the track without effecting pitch and you can make loops. Open your Windows Media player, select a track, once it starts playing go to "now playing->enhancements->play speed settings. You can move the little slider back and forth to slow the track down. FOR FREE!

Re: slow down music

kewl!!

thanks,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Does anyone know if I can do the same in Itunes so I don't have to convert formats on every song I want to play. Maybe a plugin? Whatever that is.

That's awesome craig23.  I tried fooling around with iTunes.  Got it to open a song from iTunes in Windows Media Player but it wouldn't play.  Says it must be converted, as you said.  I'll keep trying though.  Thanks again for the tip.

RavenLady

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez