1 (edited by jets60 2009-04-26 15:59:10)

Topic: Some Artists I enjoy listening to

Most of these folks are not well known but they all do a pretty fair job on all of their music in my opinion: ADELE, Abigal Washburn, Alela Diane, Brett Dennen, Caroline Herring, Danny Oertli, Jeffrey Foucault, Jeff Finlin, Jessica Jacobs, Joe Bonnamassa, Lisa Hannigan, Locos Por Juana, Mikey Wax, Rachael Yamagata, Richard Shindell, Rick Seibold, Rosie Thomas, and Sara Watkins.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-04-26 15:48:07)

Re: Some Artists I enjoy listening to

Cool! Thanks for the list! Some great stuff there! Brett has been one of my favorites for awhile. I thought this was pretty cool of him  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOvleMMSrc I know I don't have a chance but I'm giving it a shot... Adele has an awesome voice and style. I like Jeff Finlin's "Sugar Blue".  Jessica was a little "poppy" for my taste but man it's awful to hear of her passing so young. I had never heard of Lisa Hannigan but love her music! Is she any relation to Alison Hannigan? They kind of favor..  Rick Siebolds "Mary" was real nice! I'm going to print out the music to pick it up. Thanks again for sharing! -Pix

Hey Jeff, Just found this great vid of Rick playing "Mary" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvVqATyw0k You may have already seen it but I wanted to pass it on just in case... I can't find much in the way of chords or tabs for him. Thanks again for the artists.

Edited for spelling and addition of link.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

My guitar teacher introduced me to Joe Bonnamassa a while back.  Crazy guitar player.  Bought one of his albums.  Love it.

Cheers
RavenLady

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Yep - Joe Bonamassa does good guitar. He's got some music that will really take you away

Pix - I should have specified Jessica Riddle whose last name is Jacobs now that she is married but I think is still around I didn't know the other one. Lisa Hannigan used to (and I think still does from time to time) back up Damian Rice. I hadn't seen the videos of Brett Bennen and Rick Seibolds. Thanks for that, kind of makes them more real if you know what I mean. The rest are all well worth a listen in my opinion. They’re maybe not for everyone but I like them all.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C