Topic: Been away for a while -- what's up with beatles songs?

Why can't i get lyrics to beatles songs.  the flashing red messssage says it asked chordie to block request from the4 UK.  i'm in florida.  last time i looked florida wasn't in the UK.

Re: Been away for a while -- what's up with beatles songs?

I didn't have any problem and im from Wisconsin it must have been a glitch in your pc smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Im in California and got the same message when I picked a song

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

When I click on a beatles song, It shows the song for a second and then the message appears... However, if I hit page back once the song returns with no more complications. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Mines working now too

I would try another.

I'm getting the same statement!

MusicSales UK is claiming exclusive copyright to all the Beatles lyrics in the UK, and has asked Chordie to block all access to Beatles tabs for users originating from the UK.

I'm in Florida and the last time I checked, we are one of the 50 States in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!  We have not been part of the UK since July 4, 1776!  What's going on?

Mine works one time /maybe not the next / doesn't seem to be title nor album oriented

Ron

mine also works and I am in the UK

no idea why this is happening. per I think would be the only one to properly answer this

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I too am having the same issue w/ Beatles songs, & also live in US.

in my songbook I have "hey jude".
It now reads this when I click on it.

I have received a letter from someone claiming that this song violates their copyright. Until these issues are solved, I have chosen to block this song from being shown on Chordie.

Per has typed this in so there is obviously a problem wit ha few artists. If an artist or record company want chordie to take their work off then Chordie has no choice.

So looks like no beatles just now

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Same thing here in eastern Canada.. shame eh.

Badeye

one caper after another

yeah big bummer, I get UK error mesage.

I know there are other tab sites out there, but I always loved chordies formatting.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I would hate to have to go suffer through the other craptastic sites.

Also, side note, I regret not saving a local copy of these pages sad

freedom of the net is under attack by many different companys and governments .. they are looking to ban all file sharing of any kind , except for your own stuff . hardly a day goes by that i dont hear on the news some artist or other moaning about the use we have . the one that made me most angry is a famous songwriter who has made a comeback and earning a good living again solely because he was featured on you tube so often .. but the songwriter was moaning he didnt get enough royalties ... but he is earning more now the guy got his fame back ... they got to realise its advertising for them as well ... we are losing our freedom on the internet .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

I was getting that message too and being from Australia i thought if I became a registered member of Chordie it'd be fixed. No such luck sad If I go back to the page, the song is there for a little while but then the message comes back.  Terribly frustrating

As has been mentioned in this as well as many other threads, song publishers and lawyers are trying to shut down tab sites like Chordie. Per has done the prudent thing and removed those artist's from which he received specific complaints or notices.

I suggest you visit the site below which has an extensive Beatles library:

http://lennonchords.info/

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

As has been mentioned in this as well as many other threads, song publishers and lawyers are trying to shut down tab sites like Chordie. Per has done the prudent thing and removed those artist's from which he received specific complaints or notices.

I suggest you visit the site below which has an extensive Beatles library:

http://lennonchords.info/

Thanks for that Topdown, put in favorites. 

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

OK Wisconsin.  Florida and California had problems just as this misplaced Alabamian did here in Toronto.  Too much 'Old Style'?

No I tried to access Beatles songs not because I wanted to print them just to verifie and I recieved the same message so it looks like everyone is prohibited

Hi i am experiencing the same problem. New Zealand is about as far away from the UK as it gets. Whats the problem?

Read the above posts the company that owns the copyrights to the Beatle songs is prohibiting them from being displayed

sbh wrote:

Hi i am experiencing the same problem. New Zealand is about as far away from the UK as it gets. Whats the problem?

Doesn't Michael Jackson own most of the rights to Beatles songs?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

22 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-06-28 16:00:35)

Most likely this company represented him smile

Found this story.
Back in 1963, the Beatles gave their publishing rights to Northern Songs, a company created by their manager, Brian Epstein, and a music publisher, Dick James. Northern Songs went public in 1965, and John Lennon and Paul McCartney each had 15% of the company's shares, while Dick James and the company's chairman, Charles Silver, held a controlling 37.5% of shares. In 1969, James and Silver sold Northern Songs and its assets to the Associated Television Corporation (ATV).

In 1985, ATV's music catalog was sold, and Michael Jackson was the high bidder. Jacko paid a reported $47 million for the publishing rights to somewhere between 159 to 260 Beatles songs. A decade later, Jackson and Sony merged their music publishing businesses. Since 1995, Jackson and Sony/ATV Music Publishing have jointly owned most of the Beatles songs.

While the Jackson-Sony collection includes practically all of the Beatles' greatest hits, they don't have every little thing. Paul McCartney bought the rights to "Love Me Do," "Please, Please Me," "P.S. I Love You," and "Tell Me Why." Northern Songs never owned these early tunes, so they weren't included in the ATV deal.

In the past few years, the media has speculated that Jacko may need to sell the Beatles' rights to pay for his extravagant lifestyle and mounting legal costs. Sony reports that Jackson used his half of the Beatles' catalog as collateral for a loan from the music company. If Jackson defaults on the loan, Sony has the right to buy his share. In 2001, Jackson stated: "The Beatles catalogue is not for sale, has not been for sale and will never be for sale." But who knows? Maybe he'll try to take a sad song and make it better by cashing in.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Well I guess you know by now Michael Jackson just defaulted

I would try another.

25 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-06-28 16:22:56)

Marc I dont think death is concidered a default most likely there was a clause in the loan contract to cover this eventuality and like any loan theres an insurance clause smile