Topic: what key is your best key?

For me I jam easier in E but I sing better in D. Go figure. Whats your best key and why?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: what key is your best key?

It's easier for me to play in G, E, or D but i usually capo it in A# or B for my vocal to sound right with it.

I like all of them smile I have a 3 octave range so it really comes down to what im in the mood for but I think E A D and G are the keys I sing in most smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

D and G for me because that's where I find more comfort for my voice. I can change voice octaves in the middle of a verse, but I don't like to do if I don't have to.  Unless I'm singing Roy Orbison or Jay And the Americans.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My voice sits from Eb to F, so that's where I play. The capo is kind of mandatory at times.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

6 (edited by arkady 2009-05-25 07:14:36)

Hi Selso..
All seem to be out of my range voice wise smile music wise the keys of G and C contain mainly nice simple chords so they are probally my best smile
ark

Hey Selso.:)
   For singing it doesn't seem to matter much, but I prefer Eb even though the folks I mostly play with don't care to play there. So I usually sing-em where they like-em. For playing , I lean towards the key of G or C(shape then use a capo) because of all the open strings I can use in their circle's of friendly chords. My "favorite" for picking though is dropped D, it sounds coooll!!  big_smile

Ron

Hey selso, justasinger54 here, my two main keys are G and C, with a Rare D, but I'm a folk singer and everything folk is pretty much written in one of the 3, its all good, I sing what I can and capo around the rest.........keep on..........justasinger54 (Tim)

D and G because there is no "Evil B" chord in D or G. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

ad be with you zurf!
any key that dont include "B"

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

I like playing in E, its sort of your open key in a way no matter where you go in E you can fall back on your open chords and scales really easily so that makes it fun... now to sing alot of times, it depends on the song, I have to capo and make it F or G. I can sing in Ab (key of G shapes capoed at the first fret) and A too usually.

All You Need is Love smile

The key from my house and car.
Serious: I often start in G or C, and if you want to know a "classic" (one of the 100 songs I wrote)
my passion is switching chords very or fast enough.
EXAMPLE 1 = C--> Am ---> D(m)--> G --> C --> E7

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

But the evil Bm is!

I don't know why, but I have no problem nailing the quick change to barre G, A, B, etc using the E shape. 

Move me over one string and the quick change to barre Bm, Cm, Dm, etc using the E shape is another story.

Go figure!

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

livebaitman wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

But the evil Bm is!

I don't know why, but I have no problem nailing the quick change to barre G, A, B, etc using the E shape. 

Move me over one string and the quick change to barre Bm, Cm, Dm, etc using the E shape is another story.

Go figure!

Bm isn't evil.  It's merely annoying.  Only B is truly evil. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Tame the beast! Show it no fear. It can smell fear. Waver not. It will be tamed!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??