Topic: About HARMONICA

It's always so nice to see a guy like Bob Dylan playing guitar and harmonica.
IS IT EASY OR DIFFICULT TO PLAY IT?
Short topics.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: About HARMONICA

It's fairly easy to play like Bob Dylan.  He doesn't use many single notes, and he plays straight harp usually.  I'll bet with a Klutz Press book like David Harp's "Harmonica for the Musically Helpless" or a Mel Bay "You Can Teach Yourself Harmonica" or some such and a couple weeks of practice that you could imitate that style.  Neil Young frequently uses this kind of playing, though sometimes he also gets rather intricate.  Another musician who uses this method is Tom Petty.  All of them sound good to me. 

Harmonica gets difficult when you start having to bend notes and play single notes. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: About HARMONICA

I found an old one lying around the house a few weeks back. This is an old thing, a toy that my daughter got when she was about 5 or 6. So I thought I'd give it a go and recorded an old scottish folk song and then added the harmonica on after. It sounded OK. And only after about 10 minutes practice. Once you figure out where the notes are hiding inside it, it's fairly easy to scare them out.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??