Topic: Reminder... Saturday acoustic jamm at my house

I've e-mailed directions and address to everyone who has responded.  It's looking like it should be fun.  The weather's been ridiculously, maddeningly, and annoyingly wet.  Whether the fire pit area will be anything other than a mud pit, I don't know.  Nevertheless, we're still on.  If we have to move to the living room or the family room, we'll do it.  I'll toss up a shelter in case of light rain. 

Looking forward to seeing some Chordians and shaking some hands.  Jets60, Detman101, and for those who remember him from posts gone by, OldNewbie have all agreed to come.   A neighbor, a guy from church, and a couple fishing buddies are all strong maybes.   However many or few arrive, I am certain that we will find a way to enjoy ourselves. 

I'll have beer, wine, soft drinks, and snackery available. 

I'll try and get some pictures.  Sadly, I don't have any recording equipment.  The music will remain in the moment - ephemeral and private. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Reminder... Saturday acoustic jamm at my house

Sounds like a wonderful time, Zurf.  Wish I were closer.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Sounds like a wonderful time, Zurf.  Wish I were closer.

I second that. Too bad about the recording equipment. would have been nice to hear excerpts from Zurfapaloolza.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Make sure at least one of you guys has a decent video camera or digi-camera so we can see and hear some of the fun. Sounds great.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Al beat me to posting what he posted.
chuck a few clips on youtubio so we can see what we have all missed

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I haven't got a video camera.   If someone else brings one, and they have permission from whoever's playing at the moment, I don't see the harm in that.  Except that then you all can see how untidy my yard and home is. We can be cautious about camera angle perhaps to avoid the worst of the mud piles.  I had planned on landscaping my back yard this year, but a tree in the front yard didn't survive the winter and changed my schedule of necessity.  I haven't got the purse nor the strength of back to do them both.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Heya Zurf,

I think your friends will feel more at home with a yard that has a little character.

Have a good one!!!

Later, Wayne P

Boy , sure sounds like fun ...
   And I'm sure these good folks are coming to see you , not your yard , L O L ...
   Hey , how is Oldnewbie anyway ?? Have'nt heard anything from him on here for ages ....
                   Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

oh how I wish I lived closer, you guy's wiil have an awesome time.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

G S E wrote:

Hey , how is Oldnewbie anyway ?? Have'nt heard anything from him on here for ages ....
                   Jerry

Can't tell you.  We've been trying to get together and go fishing for a couple years but something keeps getting in the way for one or the other of us.  This'll be the first time we meet if he makes it. 

- Zurf

Sounds like you guys and gals are gonna have an awesome jam. smile Wish I was closer myself.
Post pictures...must have pictures.

Hey is this gonna be a get toasted and jam party. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Sounds like you guys and gals are gonna have an awesome jam. smile Wish I was closer myself.
Post pictures...must have pictures.

Hey is this gonna be a get toasted and jam party. smile

Kenny

I'll be serving beer and wine, but I hope that folks will use sense as everyone has to drive in, and presumably drive home afterwards. 

- Zurf

Well!!!!!!!!????????

Al,
I tihnk he replied to this in chat section in a thread there lol

mixed up threads in a mixed up convo in a mixed up world.

Ken

lol

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

It's been one of those kind of weekends big_smile

That is so much fun.....we did the same thing at my house on Sat. night.....hee-haw.....drinks and fun music....and we had a banjo player who sounded great too! Can't wait to do it all over again... smile

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile