Topic: To the Powers that be

I just looked up my name on the internet and found all my information posted there from chordie. Including a song I posted here and the responses. One of you please look into this Im not sure whether I like this or not and certainly didnt give my approval.  Look up my name
marcalan mcvicker    Let me know what you find out   marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: To the Powers that be

What do you mean by all your information?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Marc I checked out the link to Chordie and I dont know how or why its listed your also listed under facebook smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

not that I am a power that be anymore but I am going to tell you the reason.

( also like Russ says your name pops up in face book, and also this thread here has popped up too since you entered your full name.)

The reason it has found it is because google is a search engine and since you submitted your name to chordie, google has picked up on this and displayed it. Just the same as it has with every other site you enter your full name in.

If you do not like this then I suggest you do not enter your full name online anywhere unless you know you dont mind.

I dont see what the problem is. It is only a name. It is not as if all your bank details etc is on display, and certainly not from chordie as it does not ask you for any of those details.

I think if I googled my name I think it might show quite a few sites.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hey Mac,

you think you got it bad? lol

I just googled my name " ken godwin" and i have found out that one or two people have stolen my name. Either that or I have a studio, into electronics, I live in arizona and didnt know.
I also live in england ( aye right and pigs can fly and give me the winning lottery numbers)
Im also a top photographer in jacksonville ( might be a relation of mine. I have family near there)

It takes 18 suggestions before I am shown on twitter.

and I meant to say, if you really dont want your name to be on the net then just make up a new surname for internet purposes only unless the site guarantees that your personal info will not be shared with anyone

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

When you have an unusual name like mine you find many references to yourself. I for one do not mind when most of the first 3 pages of Google are me cool.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

well thanks for the research, Im not sure what to say...certainly I want the exposure..just hit me wrong i suppose.. well anyway thanks for you all checking i'll do better from now on i think thats what i told the Nuns...

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

if I type my name in google has me listed under rusell harding videos on myspace smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Cool I'm a Branch manager for First Bank of Farmersville, a Personal Banker for JP Morgan Chase, the treasurer for Princeton-Area Chamber of Commerce, and some guy on facebook is claiming to be me. At least I'm the better looking one!!! Also I think I made a video on youtube that I must have made while sleepwalking. Look under the more info tab where they give me extra thanks(Mike Meave)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_Bp0RdGC8

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!