Topic: AFTER THE GOLD RUSH FROM MY PARK BENCH SERIES

The weather is cooperating and once again my favorite park bench is the ideal spot to rehearse or compose new songs,this song in a cover of Neil Young's "After the gold rush" one of the songs requested in the Chordie set list topic and only the second cover song on myspace hope you enjoy smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … D=59046484

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: AFTER THE GOLD RUSH FROM MY PARK BENCH SERIES

I think "Russell's Park Bench" would be a GREAT name for your act.  I'll have to wait until I get on another computer to check out the video. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hmm I kinda like the sound of that I will have to give it some serious concideration smile

Zurf wrote:

I think "Russell's Park Bench" would be a GREAT name for your act.  I'll have to wait until I get on another computer to check out the video. 

- Zurf

No offense Russ,

but it brings to Mind  Jethro Tull's   Aqua Lung       "Sitting on a park bench,eyeing little girls with sad intent"

Later, Wayne P

Wyane I guess its true "there's nothing new under the sun"(Ecclesiastics) "oh well it was only a thought lol

wlbaye wrote:

No offense Russ,

but it brings to Mind  Jethro Tull's   Aqua Lung       "Sitting on a park bench,eyeing little girls with sad intent"

Great video Russ

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks a bunch glad ya enjoyed smile

bensonp wrote:

Great video Russ

Thanks for sharing. Maybe the next album could be an acoustic cover compilation called "From the Bench"?. Well done as always

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Nice.  That's always been one of my favorite songs.  I tried it a while ago and couldn't get it to where I wanted it.  Figured I need some more skills.  I'm working on getting my left hand to do something more than hold down a chord and I'll get there one day.  I liked your version.  This is a link I'll save and come back to as a "lesson." 

Switching gears, I really do love that hat.  It looks like something you could have won in a poker game. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks geo an acoustic album is food for thought I must admit its been a while since I did covers but I just invested several hundred into some new gear to play as a one man show so im gleaning all the cover songs from Chordie that fit my vocal range and style maybe "park bench concerto" of some fancy name lol 

geoaguiar wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Maybe the next album could be an acoustic cover compilation called "From the Bench"?. Well done as always

Glad you enjoyed it and you could use a capo and find a comfy range to sing in, the hat was given to me by a friend who I jam with last  year it comes in handy when the sun is out and it looks cool with the silver braid I love it smile

Zurf wrote:

Nice.  That's always been one of my favorite songs.  I tried it a while ago and couldn't get it to where I wanted it.  Figured I need some more skills.  I'm working on getting my left hand to do something more than hold down a chord and I'll get there one day.  I liked your version.  This is a link I'll save and come back to as a "lesson." 

Switching gears, I really do love that hat.  It looks like something you could have won in a poker game. 

- Zurf

Well Done Sir Russell smile

After the Gold Rush is one of my favorites also. Looks like you have a nice comfy place to play and enjoy life going by. Lots of inspiration their I'm guessing.

Kudos to ya

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thank you Kenny theres a small park across the street from where I live it has only one picknic bench but its a beautiful little park all the photos of the flowers and autumn leaves were taken there I will upload them to my photos on myspace its the kinda place to relax and kickback and the video of "keep on riding" was shot there not to mention a few songs were composed there also smile

KAP54 wrote:

Well Done Sir Russell smile

After the Gold Rush is one of my favorites also. Looks like you have a nice comfy place to play and enjoy life going by. Lots of inspiration their I'm guessing.

Kudos to ya

Kenny