Topic: Why does my acoustic buzz?

When I am playing a song the Top E string buzzes. I have no clue why. Its a gibson acoutic and it was fine until the 4th time I changed strings...Im new to the guitar thing and need some advice.

Re: Why does my acoustic buzz?

Hard to tell without playing it. It could be anything from an over tightened truss rod to a loose machine head.

Try to isloate the buzz - where exactly it is coming from and work from there. The last buzz issue I had was on my electro acoustic. I'd changed the battery, but left the flex loose so it was touching the top of the guitar. It took a while to work out that one.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Phi,

Did you put the same gauge of strings back on it? If you have put lighter gauge strings this can sometimes cause a buzz from the nutt.
Maybe the action is too low and the E string is buzzing off a fret?
maybe at the bridge, is it sitting on the bridge properly?

Where abouts is the buzzing coming from? Does it buzz when you are holding it on a fret?

loads of possibilities

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Sounds like the size in your top E string is different and it's causing a height difference which in-turn causes the string to hit a fret that it's not supposed to.

You can either change the string or adjust the guitar.
I would change the string (If you have a spare available) rather than mess with the whole guitar setup.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle