Topic: Which song lyrics have more meanings?

Ok so would you all say that songs from the heart are alot mor powerful than songs that people can just dance and sing to? Well believe it or not but alot of people are convinced that a message is better through an up beat song than song lyrics from the heart. Why is this? I would much rather listen to a song that was written out of emotion than a song talking about gettin your groove on....ya know? hmm Maybe its just me bein a girl for love and romance and free spirit and peace...not the mind of sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.

Re: Which song lyrics have more meanings?

Hi Phi

I agree with ye here. I think I said this yesterday in the poems or songwirting section.

But I would say there are songs that are wrote from the heart and are fast and ye can dance and bop about to like anarchy in the UK by the sex pistols lol

Slower songs I tihnk have more heart feeling to them because they are slow and you have time to digest the lyrics into your mind.
One song that I cannot stop playing just now is " trains and my grandfather" by BRian McNeil a song about his memories as he travelled across america to visit him. It starts when he was 7 years old. 4 verses later he is 30 odd years old and his grandfather is dead.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

One person who is in my opinion the 2'nd best songwriter that ever lived is Jackson Browne, he can play a slow song that is so heartfelt that it will stay with you always, then again he has upbeat songs that has the same effect, his lyrics and music are great, heres a couple of examples of a slow one and an upbeat one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OkAMGC … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bww2prhAWEA

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Good question.  Look at the album 'American Idiot' by Green Day.  There isn't a bad song on there but if you listen to it, they're all powerful and moving.  Jesus of Suburia is lyrically amazing with music to back it up.  Wake Me Up When September Ends is a slow ballad, lyrically powerful and the emotion is backed up by the music which is nowhere near the tempo of Jesus but no less effective.

I guess it's in the song, not just 'It's got a good beat and you can dance to it!'.

I'm the son of rage and love

Or did i just make no sense at all?

I'm the son of rage and love

AN EASY ONE AND KNOW TO THE GREAT PUBLIC:
WITHOUT YOU = written and on an album by BADFINGER. A catchy little pop song, but nothing special, until the day it was seen by HARRY NILSSON + MARIAH CAREY.
CAREY? VERY STERILE.
NILSSON? PASSION TO THE BONE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]