Topic: Query for Ken

Ken

I know in the forum we give out a lot of good advice ... especially when it  comes to helpful learning sites and such ... is there a way you can create a sticky in the forum where we could place good helpful sites we come across so we don't have to keep referring to the same sites over and over?  We could just refer everyone to the sticky post with all of our site inputs.

Tim

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Re: Query for Ken

Hi Tim
that would be quite a good idea I tihnk but best asking A few of the moderators for the chat section or Roger for another section.
I resigned from being a moderator from the site so I could be as cheeky as I felt like being to folk without damaging chordie's good name lol I just let the others do that now lol
Seriously thought, I had personal reasons why I resigned but I still come in and I still help with questions when i can be bothered.
Though it would be watched very carefully for spam. Directing folk to a site where it will benefit someones bank acount would not be tolerated.
If it was "normal" "regular" chordie users that thought a site was good then I dont think there should be a problem with it.
Folk see spamming as different things, some mods might think it is OK others wont. So they will have to argue among themselves to come to a conclusion before having a sticky on it.

So what do the mods think?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I know we refer a lot of people www.justinguitar.com ... and a lot of us recommend other sites that show scales, chords, backing tracks etc that are not deleted due to spam

It'd be nice to have though

Line6 SpiderIII 75

personally, i wouldn't have a problem with it. but as ken says, it would most likely need a category to itself, as members would keep adding to it as new sites are discovered. the only problem would be spamers and fly tippers, sorry advertisers, looking for a freebee.
in which case it would be time consuming for whoever was designated moderator, checking for any naughtiness....so i will leave it in the hands of those above.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I would still like to see a classified forum for members wishing to sell trade anything smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

I would still like to see a classified forum for members wishing to sell trade anything smile

I'd second that motion.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Under "Resources" there is already a list of "Recommended guitar sites". I'd assume that these sites have a link share agreement with Chordie.

http://www.chordie.com/linkpage.php

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Russell_Harding wrote:

I agree Rus ... that'd be nice although I'm not sure I'd pay for shipping when sending a Les Paul off to Scotland tongue

Line6 SpiderIII 75

9 (edited by arkady 2009-07-23 18:56:13)

I really can't see any bad problems with both ideas both for a sticky for helpful websites or a classified ad section for Chordie members..
We have a good number of active mods here on Chordie so if both time zones are covered generally any spam posts will be jumped on quickly..
A new for classified forum would be for to Per to consider..
The chat mods have the say on the sticky...
my thoughts..
ark

topdown wrote:

Under "Resources" there is already a list of "Recommended guitar sites". I'd assume that these sites have a link share agreement with Chordie.

http://www.chordie.com/linkpage.php

How do we get sites added to the resources list?

Line6 SpiderIII 75

LesPaulGuy wrote:

How do we get sites added to the resources list?

Ideally, you would get the site to post a link to Chordie. I'm pretty sure Per (chordie owner) would reciprocate.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I'd second that motion.

That would be very cool. Other sites do it and it seems very effective

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I'd love to the classifieds come about as well smile

I like the link idea ,but after thinking it over, I'm on the fence about it...  With the recommended sites there has been an exchange made and they have had to earn it. Also we have several companies that help support the site financially by adverticeing here and most are music/lesson oriented.... They may not find it very considerate recommending other/competitive sites over theirs as a sticky. Especially free ones, that's bound to be bad for business wink So IDK... I Think it would be helpful and would like to see it happen but (IMO) we'd need to discuss it with Per and get his approval first....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I think something could be worked out between you and whoever is interested your price could always be adjusted to allow for the s&h and I feel whatever the cost it should be split in all fairness smile

LesPaulGuy wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I agree Rus ... that'd be nice although I'm not sure I'd pay for shipping when sending a Les Paul off to Scotland tongue

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I agree that this would be a good idea BUT the I think we would need to be careful that it does not become too commerical or a place where someone outside of Chordie is wanting to sell you something. A good clean listing of informative sites would be a great resource for anyone wanting to work on their talent. I'm all for this.

Nela