Topic: User songbook search box

Firstly, Lemme just say this is a very awesome site that I don't use enough of and your doing a great job of aggregating all the data here.

A search box in your songbook, that searched through only your songbooks would be a very easy feature to add and one that would serve a very useful function.

Cheers.

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-07-25 23:18:09)

Re: User songbook search box

Like the one listed here under the category list in "Public Books"? http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php  You can search by artist, title, or even member name...

Welcome to the forums! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

That is like it, but I was thinking just for say your own books like on http://www.chordie.com/songbook.php

I am 30 years away from music. Now back to guitar.  Chordie site tremendous gift.     

I have two songbooks. I lost track of my first songbook and do not remember its title.

I  set it up as a public songbook , I think.

Please.  Is there anyway I can retrieve this songbook, maybe by searching login name, or etc. ?

Im portant to me.

Please help/advise.   

I have been unable to retrieve my first songbook and do not remember its name.

Help.  Is there a way to search this wonderful site to retrieve the first book?

Hi Eric,

Did you create it with this account? if so then it should still be in "my songbook" if you click that tab you should get all songbooks you have created, public or private.

If you have created it with a different user name then you could search ofr it through the type it is i.e. campfire songs, easy songs, country songs etc.

There is no search for user name feature in " public books"
if you cannot find it in there then I would say it was not set up as a public folder and you would have to know the user name you used before.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

6 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-10-18 00:00:31)

Hey Ken, Actually you can search by a users name in Public books... Just put the members name in the search box on the public books page and it will bring up any public books from that member. I looked under his current name and it didn't yield any results though. If it was under another name he could search by that one and ,if it was public, it should come up. Hope all is well! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

thanx pix,

I had to go back in and look for that search field. It is not very obvious.
I expect search fields to be at the top all the time for some reason.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thanks everyone for answers and tips re: my post for missing songbook .
I'm an "old" guy and my wife keeps telling me I only made ONE songbook.
Sigh....  It appears she is right.
Schidt!!  Know what I mean?

Thanks again. Maybe I can help others in here sometime.  Uh.  If I remember. lol
Thanks again.

love the site.