Topic: hollow body opinions please

I am going to buy a hollow body(because I have never had one) and have had a look at the smaller type body shapes like Ibanez AG75 and AG95, the Epiphone Wildkat and Greg Bennet Royale. Anyone have any experience with these guitars? Comments please.

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: hollow body opinions please

BUSHY243 The best way to see and hear is youtube, writing your guitar and search.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I love hollowbody guitars! I have an Epiphone Dot which is like a Gibson es 335. I believe it is probably the best value of all guitars on the market today. Thats how much I love this guitar. I think it listed for 500 but I got mine at some crazy holiday sale that the corporate office mis-marked all kinds of items and I got it for 250. It has a sweet mellow tone. It sounds exactly like the opening riff in "Can't you hear me knocking" by the Rolling Stones. For that big hollowbody sound though I have an Epiphone ES 175. It is straight pimp. Gold with the Bigsby and the F-holes and the vine on the pickguard. Put that slapback echo on and your a rockabilly rebel. I also checked out the Gretsch 5120 and liked it, but it didn't seem to have as "big" of a sound. I have heard that alot of people are buying the 5120 and changing to TV Jones pickups to get it to sound more like the Gretsch 6120. I thought the wildkats just seemed so small, although they used to make a really wild looking one black with the hot rod flames. If they don't make that one any more thats the one I'd search Ebay for.

I second the Epi Dot notion - great value in an instrument - they are always available on ebay for auction.

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

I am a proud owner of this guitar
http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.HB15-TS
and absolutely love it. I had to have it customized to a lefty( Washburn doesn't make this guitar in the left-handed version) but it was fixed to perfection by the best guitar tech and of the best blues guitarist/singer ( in my humble opinion) in the universe. ( Ed Wright from Brandon, FL). It's a very affordable guitar, visually stunning, and sounds amazing! Give it a look, listen, and feel.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thanks to all for your comments. After trying out several hollow body guitars, I settled on a Greg Bennet Royale and picked her up today. Sounds sweet, better sustain than Epi. Wild Kat and better overall than Ibanez and cheaper than both of these. I plugged it into my G-Dec at home, my wife still lives here and my dog did not run away so all is good so far.
I will keep you all posted on progress if you are interested.
Cheers for now
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Sorry I didn't catch this post sooner but did you try the Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin?

Now available in 5G !