Topic: Adobe Audition and creating bass tracks with an acoustic guitar.

Hi, all.

My primary means of recording is through Adobe Audition, as it is the one program which I have that resembles a semi-decent recording program. My question relates to whether it is possible within that program to alter the frequency of an acoustic guitar track so that it could be made to resemble a bass track? (I'm not in the position to purchase a bass at this point in time, due to space constraints with other instruments.)

Forgive me if I've asked an impossible question, thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to offer,

Shady

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]

Re: Adobe Audition and creating bass tracks with an acoustic guitar.

I'd never even heard of Audition until this post, but the theory between using one audio software and another should be the same.

Use a pitch shifting/changing plug-in as an insert on the relavent track; adjust until happy.

Make a HARD COPY of the audio file and in the sample edit facility change the pitch of the sample. The hard copy is in case you bugger up the sample and need to start again - when you start messing with samples undo ceases to work properly and you can never get back to what you started with, hence HARD COPY!

I have tried to access info on the plug-ins that come with this 'ware, but can find nothing. I don't know what this 'ware calls things, but the priciples are sound.

Hope this helps.

PS: Real Audio Software is called LOGIC!!! big_smile

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Adobe Audition has several pluggins with regards to pitch but most are centered around keyboards (synthesizers) I did check but the closest would be the frequency shift pluggin I could not locate any further information I would suggest contacting the support folks at Adobe and ask smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey ShadyWilbury!

Didn't say "Hey!" on my first. My apologies.

Check your E-mail!

Gans pup bollonjeth oll da! smile

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

5 (edited by KajiMa 2009-08-01 14:39:36)

Hey ShadyWilbury!

Checked out your site. Your guitar playing is excellent. Really good combination of guitar sound and playing on "When I See!"

In the Edit View of Audition is an effect called time stretch. As well as speeding up or slowing down the tempo while keeping the pitch the same, this effect will adjust the pitch while maintaining the tempo.

So yes, you can make your guitar sound like a bass!

Also Audition will host VST instruments (Synths, Samplers, etc) which are contolled with MIDI. So you can make Bass sounds in three ways.

Does Audition come with any bundled Soft Synths and/or Soft Samplers? If not you should be able to download some freewares from the net.

Logic IS Mac! But before Apple bought it it was for both Mac and PC. I don't know if there are any forums for the die hard PC Logic users. Can you get a PC copy with the appropriate drivers to run on the new PCs? I don't know.

6 (edited by ShadyWilbury 2009-08-01 18:48:33)

Thanks! I'll check out freeware VSTi's and see what I think of Time Stretch. smile

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]