Topic: Family band

My tuba gig has been slack since the recession  John Reno has been able to book himself easily as a single act but the venues are balking about paying a six piece band. I'm an old geezer so a break was not all bad.
My grandson, Casey, asked me to form a family band. I told him he had to work really hard for it to succeed. He has done anything and everything I have asked him to do and then some. I am so proud of him.
Casey has only been singing for a few months and I have probably been at it for too long.
We played a gig in Orange Beach, Alabama last night.
Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMN0dCPgol0

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Family band

That was great Popster! Had a smile on my face the whole time watching. Must be somethin' special to perform with your grandson. Casey's mic kept slipping, but he handled it like a pro. Fantastic!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Casey and the Popster rock. Well done I enjoyed that.

Badeye cool

one caper after another

Great !  I wish I woulda started at his age, what a pleasure it is to perform with family.

Later, Wayne P

That was cool to see and hear its really special when family get together in music nice work on both songs smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Tubatooter (and Casey)!

Me too! I had a big grin on me boat too! cool

Most excellent! cool

Looking forward to the next!!!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

One geezer, and one sprog, what a wonderful duo you guys make - absolutely fantastic to watch, well done to the pair of you.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Good job Tubatooter. That very cool to see young and old (no disrespect) come together like that.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Thats something Casey will remember all his life, memories that will stay with him all his life as well as yours TubaTooter, great job by you both.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Kajima requested our next. There should be many more if I live to see the days.
We got casey a video camera for his eighth birthday and he has started a video blog called "Case-o" This will explain why he is mugging it up for the camera. He is usually a modest boy.
A musical Case-o episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZgtyjr5vA

And a skateboard Case-o episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrku2twdvgw

toots

FANTASTIC! cool as Mustard!!

I can't for the life of me think when I requested this as I don't recall ever hearing it B4, (Who called me smelly? tongue )

Great fun! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

Good on yer Casey and Toobatooter! TOOTS, MON!

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Hey Popster...Those are awesome vids. Case-o looks so at ease in front of the vid cam. A talented young grandson you have there whose gonna look back on these vids with great pride when he gets a little older. Keep em coming.

Kudos to the Proud Popster smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Here is our latest cover. We are trying to land a regular Sunday afternoon gig at a nearby restuarant. Wish us luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnF7qdMLyrA

Thank you, Toney.
You have helped me and many others on this forum. Guidance from a professional is more than most of us could hope for.
We appreciate you, sir.
Popster and the Casemonster

CAPITAL A for awesome!!!!!!!   probably shouldn't play "Big Balls" not just yet.............hahaha

Give everything but up.

Your gettin gooder...much gooder big_smile

You and Cas-o make a great team. Keep at er and I'm looking forwards to your next vid. big_smile

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Oy, oy Case-O and Popster!

You guys are going from strength to strength!

Cool as Mustard! cool

We decided to play an acoustic arrangement of Manamana (Mahna Mahna) by Animal and the Muppets. The lyrics sure are easy to remember.
You can almost see my old mid-70's Yamaha dreadnought guitar. Casey is pounding on his pencil box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK168zMdY-Y

That's Great, my grandson Luke and I are working on his drumming and now he has taken up harmonica, we will be posting a new vid soon. Here's a vid we did a while back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJTpaDqLuwI

Later, Wayne P

Hi TubaTooter and Wayne,

It is heart warming to see these youngters getting involved in music and addind their own magic to your performances. Thank You,

Roher

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Way to go, Wayne and Luke.
Start 'em off young and they develop a confidence in performing that is beyond their years.
Luke appears to be very comfortable with you, Wayne.
toots

Luke says Thanks,

Luke doesn't have a dad so I guess , I volunteered and we get along great. I seem to have more patience with him than I did with my kids and I try not to push him too much. He loves music so, I let him beat on the bongo drums , play his harmonica or sing in the mic.

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

Luke says Thanks,

Luke doesn't have a dad so I guess , I volunteered and we get along great. I seem to have more patience with him than I did with my kids and I try not to push him too much. He loves music so, I let him beat on the bongo drums , play his harmonica or sing in the mic.

You are absolutely right about not pushing too hard. It's tempting to work him harder but I agree it is smarter to keep it fun and take our time.
His dad got him a Slingerland pro drum kit that is much too loud and complex for him to play while singing. The djembe drum is simple and easy to move and set up. The rhythm is mucho help.
I am going to get him bongos for Christmas because thet're even more portable.
Casey lost his mom and like you, Wayne, I have more patience with him than I did his dad. He's my heart.
toots

Good for you Tuba,
They are precious angels aren't they ? Luke loves his bongos and because Poppy always wears a hat he has to have his cowboy hat on before he will play. Luke still has a short attention span, he's only 4 yrs old, about 10 minutes usually and he's off to see what gramma's doing.

Later, Wayne P

Ya cant beat the love of a good family.

This tread has warmed the cockles of my sad ole heart. Wonderful, wonderful, just wonderful.

Thank you all.

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !