Topic: Chordians Who Became Famous or Successful

Been thinking about doing this one for a while, folks.

Chordie helps people on the road to becoming accomplished musos every day of every week and has accomplished musos offering their time and advice to help others along their chosen roads. With All1Song at #2 AND #1 on an internet radio station, how long is it before his door is getting battered down by people wanting to sign him up?

So, does anyone out there in interweb land know of any Chordians who went on to bigger and better things like becoming recording or performing artists, producers or engineers for groups we may have heard of, songwriters for labels or people who wrote songs that were picked up by major artists? Musicians for a known artist/band whether in the studio or live or both?

Or maybe you know someone who went the other way, had it all and had to start again (this one, I think, would only be fair if people volunteered their own information).

Let's hear about it!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Re: Chordians Who Became Famous or Successful

I'm Eric Clapton's evil twin.  Does that count? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Who've you signed with, Zurf? big_smile

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

4 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-08-08 22:46:01)

Who on Chordie is signed to a major label? none is my guess most or all musicians who are signed are to busy to be messing with a computer,one of my former students Josh Thomson signed with a major label(Columbia) and he has a page on myspace we talk and chat but he's on the road all the time or in a studio recording his music if there are any on Chordie they sure keep a low profile this is his profile page smile
http://www.myspace.com/joshthompsonfans

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Russ!

If Josh used to visit Chordie, I think we have our first winner that fulfils the criteria! (Was he signed up to Chordie B4 Columbia?)

6 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-08-09 04:52:57)

I will have to ask him we spoke a few weeks ago and communicate thru myspace if you go to my web site his picture is the forth on the right,I met Josh at a company that employs handicapped people and mentally challenged individuals I use to pick them up from there homes and transport them to and from work in between I drove the company truck well one day a lady who worked in the front office asked me if I would teach her son I used to play all the company gatherings with my band so I agreed and she brought him to work with her after work in the front office I first met him he had a black fender acoustic and didn't know a chord he told me "I'm gonna be a country star and I want to learn how to play guitar" so the lessons started we became good friends he had and still dose a great country voice he loved all the old Merle Haggard songs after lessons we would suck a few beers and jam it took about a year or so before he was really strumming well and I took him to a Trax studios but the owner could not see his full potential but he did and told me one day "I'm going to Nashville" and he did he paid his dues playing in country bars for nothing just to get noticed and jammed with some name country singers and got a break someone mentioned his name and the rest is history his songs are all original written by him at last message he was in Atlanta touring but when he contacts me I will mention Chordie and find out if he joined I know I asked him to when he moved to Nashville hes really a nice guy he went for the brass ring and grabbed it I will mention it to him next time we chat on the phone or he emails me smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's great, Russell! cool

I've taught people to play and they haven't gone on to that kind of success but have forgotten or ignore their roots and where they came from (one I'm thinking of I think thought that having me around as his teacher (he couldn't play a note but now earns from playing) was a favour HE was doing ME!)

I went and found Josh's site after you mentioned him in your first post (if brainiac here had thought to go to your site first, it would have saved an awful lot of Googling!) and he can certainly wail (a 5 Album deal!!!! Wheew!), it's so good to know he's a decent bloke too! smile cool

So now we have the Anti-Clapton big_smile and (possibly) Josh Thompson!

Fantastic start! cool

PS: As I said on another post, when younger I used to bleach my hair and everyone said I looked like Billy Idol until my mate said "No, he's his brother Bone!" big_smile

Should we start a support group, Zurf?