1 (edited by Tine 2009-08-12 20:57:03)

Topic: work in progress

I shared an amazing moment with a very dear friend this weekend. Those of you who have read my writings are probably aware that I have been through some experiences that have left me faced with adversity(now there's a good word!). This song is about a friend who probably doesn't realise how much they have helped me to not be afraid anymore.
It reads like a love poem (although I am working on putting this to music... maybe my first masterpeice!) but it isn't an 'I'm in love with you' poem... It is a 'I love you' poem... By 'feelings' I am describing how I feel in myself about certain things and I have opened up and discussed these feelings! I know what I mean! hahaha! xx

The moonlight reflects in the depths of your eyes,
as the shadowing trees offer somewhere to hide,
Because what I'm feeling is caused by the night,
and moonlight allows me to dream without fright.

Underneath the yellowing moon,
Where grasshoppers sing,
Whilst the ladybirds swoon,
Silvery Seas are thrashing a tune,
and I cannot keep my feelings from you.

By the light of a moonbeam we're drawn to this place,
we looked at the stars as we pondered space,
My fear for the darkness has left with no trace,
Because here with you I feel blessed with true grace.

Now that you're gone and I am still here,
I am just thankfull that I had you near,
I see that darkness once filled me with fear,
But beauty's in moonlight that makes pathways clear.

Your thoughts would be welcomed! xxx

Re: work in progress

Hey Tine! cool

Excellent piece! Love the imagery of the second verse! The whole thing intricately woven and skillfully crafted!

I'm sorry I don't know your writings, I'm new to the Poetry section. If your other writings are of this standard, I'd love to read some more; maybe you could point me to some?

A great piece! Thank you for sharing Tine! cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Re: work in progress

Thanx KajiMa... I'm quite proud of this one. It's the first one that I feel compelled to put music to. I think it describes some very positive emotions and that is something I haven't felt for some time. I'm not sure the rest is at this standard... They are a lot of drivel about again emotional subjects! They are on this topic here if you can find them.

Thankyou for your comments :-)