Re: Innocence panel will hear convicted killer

Tater's attorney hosted a victory party last night that I was very happy to attend. It was really great to see Greg and many other friends that I had not seen in a long time. Quite a mix of attendees, a group of old hippies from high school days joined by a bunch of law students, attorneys who fought for Greg and the former NC Supreme Court Justice I Beverly Lake who led the formation of the Innocence Commission that fought for Greg's freedom.

“It was the absolutely the most wonderful moment in almost a lifetime,"  Lake said of the moment when a three-judge panel unanimously decided there was clear and convincing evidence that proved Taylor is innocent.

Here is a news article / video of the event:

http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/durha … ory-party/

And here is a photo from the party. That's Greg on the far right in blue. Chris Mumma (Greg's attorney) has her arm around the murder victim's sister Yolanda (who has always supported Greg). That's me in the background over Yolanda's right shoulder. The dude in the suit beside me is an old friend of mine, he is currently a judge, but man could I tell some stories...

It truly has been an amazing event. It has been said Greg is the first person in the history of the US legal system to be found innocent (as opposed to being found not guilty). His case and the NC innocence commission could be a model that will be replicated and studied in law schools for years to come.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs437.snc3/25154_1097849864020_1759842729_187104_1874222_n.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Great Story, Tops

It's nice to see a good story in the news now days !

OOps is that fellar to your right pulling a mickey of whiskey out of his jacket pocket ?  smile

Later, Wayne P

Very nice Jeff!  How great to be able to get together to celebrate the victory/freedom party!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Wonderful. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Very cool Jeff !!! It's good to know that Greg has wonderful friends like yourself to welcome him back into society. This is horrible story with fantastic ending. I have a very strong feeling "Tater" is gonna do incredible things with his life..........

Give everything but up.

Sorry to drag up an old thread - But CNN is showing a story about the NC SBI that largely features Greg's story. It was on tonight at 8:00 eastern and is being replayed at 11:00 pm.

I know many chordians followed this story with me and thought some might be interested. Greg is doing fantastic - I am proud of the way he has handled all the attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/27/siu … index.html

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!