1 (edited by PoguesBoy 2009-09-08 21:13:27)

Topic: Please Help!!! Lyrics but Mind Gone Blank

I have a song in my head for the last couple of days. Normally this wouldn't bother me & I'd never enter a post on a board like this....but this one is doing my nut in. Can anyone tell me either the name of the band or the song that contains the lyrics (in it's chorus) "can I take you home tonight, I wanna be alone with you. Can I take you home tonight..... I've only got one line from the song, my boss is gonna fire me cause I'm going to turn into one of those silly idiots that goes around singing the only line of a song that they know. I've searched the net over & over. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. (by me, my boss & colleagues!!!!). It's not the name of the song as I've searched using that as it's title.

Cheers,
PoguesBoy

** Edited to remove offensive language**

Poguesboy, this is a family oriented site with young children and ladies as both Members and visitors so please keep this in mind. Roger

[b][u][i]PoguesBoy[/i][/u][/b] big_smile
"5 Green Bottles Sitting On The Floor,
And I Wish To Christ, I Wish To Christ
That I had 15 More"

Re: Please Help!!! Lyrics but Mind Gone Blank

The only thing that comes to mind is Boston "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhxGqLJkwI   Maybe not it though.... What genre of music is it?

Welcome to Chordie! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey, thanks for the welcome Pix,

Tried that song but it's not it I'm afraid,

It's got a faster beat than that but strangely sounds alot more like a 'Scouting For Girls' song like "Elvis ain't dead" or even more like "She's So Lovely". It's wrecking my head now more than ever.

Thanks anyways
PoguesBoy

That I had 15 More"

Hi PoguesBoy,

Not sure this is the song but check and see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhxGqLJkwI

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Opps, never mind, I see GuitarPix beat me to it, sorry I couldn't be more help, I did see a song by Weeser that had similar lyric's, I'm not familiar with their music, though I've heard of them, just not quite my taste to be honest, though I know lots of people like them, so check that out.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hey Cam,

Thanks for that. Not my "kinda thing" either but damn it, I just can't get the bloody song out of my head.

Thanks anyways,

That I had 15 More"

Eddie Money "Take Me Home Tonight" maybe?

If so, you have my sincere condolences for having it stuck in your head.  You have my permission to go smack whoever did this to you right in the back of the head.  Just once though. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

And not very hard either.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey Zurf,

Christ no. Defo not that one either (thankfully). Heard it 3 or 4 times lately on a radio station & 1 DJ in particular playing it. I text & rang the show today but typical, the one time you want them to respond or read out your text, they didn't.

Thanks anyway.

That I had 15 More"

Most radio stations keep a playlist from the last 3-4 hrs on their website... If you here it on the radio, just check their site for recently played songs and you should be able to find it. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Could it be Rivers Cuomo from weezer "I want to take you home tonight" It's not a weezer song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQyLIk_ZZYU

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Nope Riverdales,

Not it but thanks anyways. Damn it, still can't get the thing outta my head.

That I had 15 More"

You are destined to hum this tune throughout eternity.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

hmmm... did a search, nothing.  Try this site maybe?

http://lyrics.filestube.com/

maybe the lyrics are just a little different than what you're thinking.  Good luck!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

Well it's finally happened, it was finally said to me today during work. I was politly told to either "f off & learn the whole song of shut up" because not alone was I singing the only line of the damn song I know, but 2 of my colleagues were also singing it now. God, I'm like Irelands only angry little leprechaun.

Thanks Bensonp & Mekidsmom for trying to help.

More abusive text messages & phone calls to the radio station tomorrow I think!!! Ha ha ha ha (cause I'm an angry little leprechaun) ha ha.

That I had 15 More"