Topic: About topdown's thread. (AS SEEN ON TV)

I AM NOT AN AMERICAN, and I am not familiar with your system of law.

1) (DON'T JUDGE ME ON THIS) if you happen to be near a place were somebody is killed???? and they take you in custody the "suspect" is arrested and the interrogation starts there seem to be a certain "SYSTEM".
- At first you get coffee, the officer is polite and gives you a feeling of safety, later they start asking innocent questions, and a few cops are looking to "THE BODY LANGUAGE.

2) For us Europeans it is really funny to see a convicted man who gets "321 or 200 years" of prison.

3) What is 3th strike

- SAME CRIME, 1 killer is really rich, the other is poor, is there difference?
I have still a few Q's but I keep them for later

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: About topdown's thread. (AS SEEN ON TV)

On rich versus poor, the difference is in quality of representation. 

As far as how policemen interrogate suspects, I have no idea having never been a suspect.  My sister was a suspect for the murder of her husband once and the police treated her firmly but with as much respect as possible given the circumstances.  Her husband was not murdered by the way.  It was a freak accident, but until that conclusion was reached by the investigators my sister was a suspect.  As I said, the police did their best to treat her with courtesy and respect given the unfortunate circumstances. 

I think the body language thing is more of a TV thing than reality.  If you brought body language as evidence to a judge, that judge would rightly toss the evidence in the trashcan where it belonged. 

I think the reason for the long sentences has to do with when someone is eligible for parole.  If a crime carries a 10 year sentence, the person may be eligible for parole in 3 years.  (I'm making up these numbers as examples, by the way.)  But if the person is convicted on ten counts for a 100 year sentence, then he may not be eligible for parole for 30 years. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude