Topic: H1N1 hits close to home

This is a link to the story of a healthy 13 boy that came to London (my home town) two weekends ago to play in a hockey tournament. He was healthy when he started the tourney but had to leave in the middle of it. He passed away that Monday night. He has become the face of H1N1 in Canada as it was a very sad passing. His dad was on TV 2 days later discussing H1N1 and his son's last moments. It was heartbreaking to watch but he felt he had to to inform the public of the severity of H1N1. I've said my prayer for him and the others that will be taken down by this virus and I can only hope the medical establishment has it right.
My son played in the same tourney 10 years ago. I really feel for all the hockey parents as well cause they've got to be scared big time. I don't know what sport is played by kids in the fall but please be vigilant, use common sense and educate your children.

Kenny

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0911 … _flu_death

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: H1N1 hits close to home

Great advice Kap, I'm so sorry to hear of that child, you just never know. I'm with you about hoping the DR's have this right, I know there are shortages or delays of the vaccine here.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: H1N1 hits close to home

My eldest daughter had it.  Fortunately, hers was a mild case, but it still had her sacked out on the futon for about five days drinking tons of water and watching Barbie movies.  I never knew there were so many Barbie movies.  None of the rest of us caught it, thank God. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude