Topic: Pandora's box

I have heard lots of people raving about thier korg pandoras. My guitar instructor has one and its obvious he likes it. He's very quick at changing effects and laying down simple jam tracks. I've been thinking about getting one but would like to know what other manufacturers have that are similar. I have seen the boss micro br. I know Tascam has a Mp-Gt-1. Anybody know any others. I think I want drum patterns, effects, a phrase trainer and it would be nice to be able to record everything while keeping it all portable.

Re: Pandora's box

The korg pandora pxr4 can run on batteries and via the mains (so it is portable). I used to have one myself, but I sold to get money for a different peice of equipment. It comes with about 80 drum beats, it has 4 main tracks and 32 virtual tracks, you can put many different effects on either and instrument or a mic for vocal. I would recomend this to anyone as it worked amazingly for me.

I agree. I still use my PX4d from time to time.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Never tried the Pandora, but I use a Boss Micro BR, it looks to be basicly the same bit of kit, so I would look at the price of the two just to see which is best for your needs.
tonyblue

man is the dream of the doliphin

I've got a buddy that I have a huge amount of respect for as a player, and he swears by his Pandora.  This is a dude with rooms full of gear to play with, but he'd rather hang that little box off his belt and wail away.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]