Topic: some one plz make a new better picking songbook

i have been trying to practice my picking so i look at the picking songbooks and they have very little to offer some are even full of strumming songs!! so plz will some one make a new songbook i would but if i could i wouldnt be inthis dilema

2 (edited by arkady 2009-12-22 08:42:46)

Re: some one plz make a new better picking songbook

Hi james ouellette
Welcome to chordie..
This question is a little strange. Members make their own songbooks with stuff they like and sometimes make them public for all to see. So what would be better for you is probably not for them.
The best way is to make your own songbook with songs you would like to play/learn from the chordie index.

Some suggestions for picking.
Classical Gas Mason williams
Tears in heaven Eric Clapton
Stairway to heaven Led Zep
you may not like any of them smile
but there are loads out there to suit your taste..
ark

Try Jerry Reed on you tube, lots of picking songs, and good material to, you can make your own songbook up.

well the reason why i say this is because i cant think of or don't know of enough songs i seemingly tapped my resource of songs i know of

do you want picking songs to play or practice, the reason i ask is because in my early days i would pick a song i liked and even if it was strumming, pick it, slow it down, see where i could fit in a bass run etc, for a finish it sounded nothing like the original but it helped me and at the end of the day thats what counts, you! and then as you're picking gets better so does the sound you produce, go for it

i was just wanting songs to play