Topic: Can I Put a tremolo on my guitar?

I have a Ibanez GAX30. I'm wondering if I could change the bridge on my guitar so I could use a Tremolo. (Sorry if I've given any part the wrong name)

Re: Can I Put a tremolo on my guitar?

Yes you can, there are two ways of having it done. The guitar you have has a fixed bridge there for you would have to rout it out to fit a trem unit and or use a top mount system like a Bigsby. But Bigsbys are bulky and to me not to pleasing on the eye.

I have no experience on them so I can not back their playability. There are top mounting trems that are used on T-o-m type bridges (Like les paul style bridges t-o-m, stands for tune-o-matic) but your bridge is a flat plate model and you cant mount it.

An alternative is to buy a Fender squire satin strat they already come with the trem unit and they have a basewood body like you GAX30. If you have to have humbuckers their usualy swimmming pool routed (a square hole to accept single coil or humbucker pickups) so you can change them.

You can usually find them at sam ash for about $169.00 american. Or go to national music supply.com and buy a Rockland for $70.00 american (strat type guitar). They have alder bodies and you can hot rod that.

Good luck.

Bootlegger.

Bootlegger guitars.

Re: Can I Put a tremolo on my guitar?

i  no how to make a tremelo sound with my fingers but its hard to explain how