Topic: vox ac4tvh all valve amp

Hey all,  Was wondering if anone has one of these or has played thru one? Went to a local music shop
    yesterday and almost walked out with it. Great sounding all tube switchable 4watt-1watt-.25watt.
    Retro look, comes in a combo with one10" or head on one12"cab. Pedal array friendly-----gotta
    cut this short cuz I'm heading back to the store.lol    Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Re: vox ac4tvh all valve amp

I want one bad! I've tried the vox night train and it is sweet. Its just out of my price range. I've been wanting to try the new Marshall class 5. I've heard they are having trouble with the chassis rattling, but haven't seen any yet. I'd like to compare the class 5 to the actv4 before I pull the trigger.

Hey Craig, Sorry... can't give thoughts on the class5. Did see a review on the night train and actv4. The guy ran the 4 thru
    a blackheart 4-10 cab and he gave good reviews. Can't remember the link offhand but will try to find it, anyway when
    I played it thru the vox 12" cab we also hooked in a booster pedal and and got some loudness which I need for playing
    at jams and outdoor stuff. Didn't get it yet but will get the head and think about maybe the 4-10 cab. This item is new
    so we'll see if others are checking it out. Thanks for the input,  Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

I haven't tried the actual thing but my Vox VT50 has models of it and the AC15, AC30, Nighttrain pretty much any vox tube amp you want plus some of the more poular Fender amps. The good thing about it is the vt50 is tube warmed like the real thing so they all sound great with a variable 0 - 50 watts to boot.

Hi Papa,
I have one of these and the matched V112 cab, get it! You won't be dissapointed, it's the best sounding amp  I've ever owned, sweet but turn teh volume past halfway and hear that vavle overdriven sound you're looking for!

dfoskey wrote:

I haven't tried the actual thing but my Vox VT50 has models of it and the AC15, AC30, Nighttrain pretty much any vox tube amp you want plus some of the more poular Fender amps. The good thing about it is the vt50 is tube warmed like the real thing so they all sound great with a variable 0 - 50 watts to boot.

I've got the VT30 and pretty much ditto dforskey's comments.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000