Topic: Ice Skating

bin' teaching my girls to ice skate

not sure that skating and guitar go together but skatings certainly easier with a good tune

'Dancing on Ice' a UK TV programme has been quite fun this year and if you're not in the UK the Winter Olympics just been on hasn't it.

we've had a cold year over in the UK but its not great for skating out doors. the ice  soon melts.  ice skating outside is more popular at Christmas than it used to be.  there some temporary rinks in the City for the Christmas Holidays

I would love to go somewhere like Canada and skate round the park on a clear sunny day.

Re: Ice Skating

Hi johncross21, The weather over here in my part of Canada has been too up and down for outside rinks to last any length of time but we have tons of indoor rinks to make up for it. big_smile Ottawa has the Rideau Canal, a stretch of about 8 kilometers that is huge for skating but they even have problems with that. sad
As a side note the current Olympic and as of Friday night now World Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are from my home town of London. They may practice in the states but they are all Canadian and we are very proud of them. There will be a big to-do for them when they come home along with London's Christine Nesbitt... Olympic Speed skating Gold medalist.
Good for you for teaching your daughters ice skating..Your building some great memories. big_smile

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)