Topic: Song tip

Hi every one! I just became a member here and I have played guitar for a short while and I only knows 2 songs good and thats is Browned eyed Girl and Imagine. I wonder if you could help me to learn some new songs smile but I dont know so many songs could you just tip me about som good acoustic songs that I could learn?

/Thank you

Re: Song tip

Welcome.
Click on PUBLIC BOOKS at top of page and you will find an index of all types of songs already listed. It takes a while to find your way around here but it's a great place to hang out and make friends around the world. AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Welcome to Chordie.  For us to help you, we need to know what kind of music you prefer and what chords you already know.  It is easier to do what deadstring explained.  Check through the public books and find songs that are easiest for you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Ollpej,

Glad to have you with us, lots of good folks here with an endless knowledge of advice and help, jump in, hang on, and have fun!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hello again smile Haven't had the time to sit at the comp, anyway I listen to music like metallica, tenacious D, Adept and much more artist with similar gener smile I dont know how many from Sweden who hangs here ;P But I'd like Cornelis Vreeswijk also smile

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

http://chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14620
I just asked a similar question. Check out the replies!

ollpej wrote:

Hello again smile Haven't had the time to sit at the comp, anyway I listen to music like metallica, tenacious D, Adept and much more artist with similar gener smile I dont know how many from Sweden who hangs here ;P But I'd like Cornelis Vreeswijk also smile

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Hello mate,

Good to know we have an acoustic playing Metalica fan here.  You'll be amazed how easy Metalica songs are to play on an acoustic and you'll be even more amazed how good they sound.  When you've stripped their songs back without bass, drums and lead guitar (and the odd orchestra) you'll find songs that could have been written for acoustic, I suspect they were written on an acoustic!

Creeping Death and Fade to Black spring to mind, Fade to Black being the easier.  Don't worry with the lead intros or solos for know just get the chords nailed and keep it slow.

Just experiment and have a look through the tabs through chordie!

Let me know if you find any gems.

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000