Topic: Hope you had a good Easter, I did ;?)

Hope everyone had a good Easter break, I did ;?)

My main guitar is a Epi Jumbo acoustic and I love it, it's an amazing guitar, it's set up well and sounds good.  My second guitar was a cheap Squier Bullet Strat which I mainly played unplugged when the family are sitting watching tv in the evenings.  I bought it mail order so I never played it before I bought but as it was cheap I was ok with that.

When it arrived I was surprised how good it was, solid, well made and sounded pretty good too.  Anyway, it became apparent quickly that the Strat shape was not for me, the neck was too narrow and while I could practice my scales ok I couldn't shape chords without touching other strings. As well as that wherever I strummed I hit something, either the tone/volume knobs, pickup switch or the pickups, it just felt cramped.

So I wander into my local shop over the holidays and chatted to the guy, he gave me a Epi SG 400 in a transparent cherry colour covering a solid mahogany body with bonded neck.  Graced with two Humbuckers, chrome Grover pegs and chrome hardware, I liked the look alot!

So the guy plugged it into a £1k amp and went through the sounds, on the dirty channel it was meaty and biting, very much like the Gibson SG guitarists I grew up listening to.  So the guy left me in a room and I played it and it was the exact same set up as my Epi acoustic so it was perfect.

The guy returned 15 minutes later and asked what else I fancied playing and I said "no need!"  SOLD!

I got it home, plugged it into my cheap amp and I was stunned how good it was!

Happy as a pig in s***!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Re: Hope you had a good Easter, I did ;?)

Happy NGD Crevs!  Enjoy the heck out of it... and I hope you play it plugged in more than you played the Squire unplugged!!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.