Topic: Heart Warming Story

I thought I would share this with those of you who might not have seen it.  A great story.
http://biggeekdad.com/2010/01/the-harmonica-man/

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: Heart Warming Story

Hi Pete,
Thanks for posting this up.
It's a great thing that he is doing. More people should be like this and the world would be a better place.
I have the link bookmarked and will be passing it around. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I agree KAP.  It's always nice to see people doing nice things for others.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That is such a cool story!!!! Why can't more people be like him? I think because it it music related, the story is that much better. Music and art are the first things to go in our schools when times get tough. It its such a shame. People don't realize how important music and art are in the lives of young children. I believe it can make the diff between a child striving to become president or ending up a thief. Andy Mackie is a man that should be modeled in everyone's life.

Way to go Andy!!! May God continue to bless you and keep you in good health.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Heya Pete,

Great story and this really is a small world , the fella that is playing guitar with Andy at the start of the video is an old friend of mine. He left Wyoming and moved to Port Townsend Washington. He was our Open Mic host and he and I would meet at the local music store and Jam on saturday afternoons.

His name is Jack Reid and he hosts open mic in Port Townsend and also has a local TV show.

Here's a link to Jacks site.
http://www.folknwestern.com/

Later, Wayne P

Boy I guess, wlbaye.  That's neat.  Small world, indeed.  Imagine that.

Andy survives because he knows how to really live.
A gift of music is most fun when given freely.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Great story Bensonp,

I love hearing about people who help kids along, give them direction, promise and hope. To do this in his condition makes it that much more remarkable.Nothing touches the human emotion like music, music and the heartfelt generosity of a man like him.In the words of Neil Young "Long may he run"

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Pete that sure is an amazing story.  It's pretty awesome when you see someone that thinks they are done on this earth and watch how they choose to spend their time and last few dimes... and to see him do it in this fashion is just ... I am in awe.  Thank you very much for sharing.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

A great story and long may he live . Just makes you think what the drug companies are pushing , do they really work and do we really need them. I wonder what his Scottish roots are.

I emailed my friend Jack and included Pete's link. He emailed back and said he had saw the news clip.
He said Andy has become a good friend and is a regular at his Monday night Open Mics. Andy and Jack have a fundraiser once a month and Jack provides the MC work and the sound system. Next month Andy is going to have a group of kids perform on Jacks TV show.

He also said Hohner has contacted Andy and wants to donate Harmonicas to his cause.

Jack has hosted Open Mic's for a long time and all the folks that host Open Mic everywhere should be commended. Most get very little pay if any and do it for the love of music. They are the first ones there and the last ones to leave and there's no roadies to setup and rig down. They are there if the music is good or bad.

Later, Wayne P

Terrific story Pete! I live in Washington and didn't know of Andy til now and found out via
            Uah. Amazing how small of a world we live in? Wayne knows one of Andys' buddies
            .....amazing and way cool! I live in the southwest of the state and Andy must be up
            in Jeromes' neck of the woods? Love to get up there. Might go soon as my daughters
            live in Olympia and I could visit them on the way. Thanks for sharing this wonderful
            story Pete.    Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

This was the last post i read here last night Bensonp.

Thanks so much for sharing this Lovely story i went to bed with kind and positive thoughts to this man.

Then slept like a baby..

Great heartwarming  stuff.  He is the  very essence of Positive thinking.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you for the link; how inspiring!  I wish the media would do more of these "positive" stories.  There are hundreds out there.  I think the moral of this story is that each of us should attack with a passion that which we love.  What would each of us do if we thought we only had a short time to live?  Don't wait, go do what you want to do and enjoy it.  Thanks again for the story.  This has made my day!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio