Topic: Multi Effects choices / comparisons

Hi, I am currently shopping (window shopping anyway) for a ME pedal to use with my '97 Carvin DC-127.  I would almost always go straight into a PA system as I play with a praise and worship group and don't have a quality amp, anyway.  I like the Korg devices in the AX----G line, but like even more the Vox ToneLab line (SE and LE, specifically).  Now I've further complicated the matter by looking at a used Boss GT6.  I'm soliciting opinions on these devices from anyone who has owned or used them.  I've read lots on Harmony Central / Ultilmate Guitar, etc.  But I really value the opinions of the Chordie community.

Thanks!

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

Re: Multi Effects choices / comparisons

I've been using Line 6 products for a couple of years now. I've grown to like them enough. I've heard great thinkgs about Boss as well. I think you're budget will impact your decision more than anything else.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I have a Digitech RP 255. It has loads of great sounding effects, an expression pedal, and it has USB connectivity. It comes with Cubase LE recording software and you can download a patch editing software from Digitechs web site. You can edit patches with the machine or you can use the USB to connect to your computer. There is a user group so if you want to sound just like Jimmy Page on "Whole lotta love", You can just download it from someone on the group. There are lots of different models, and even the little RP 55 that sells for like 50 bucks has about 100 different patches. I know someone who has the Vox Tonelab and it sounds great. I've played around with the Boss GT-8 and it is WAAAYY cool, But it costs WAAAYY much. I'm not saying its not worth it but it was out of my range.

Caracena
I use a Boss ME50 and it has several advantages I like. The wah pedal doubles as a volume pedal, so you can turn it down and when you plug in or unplug no loud pop sound.  Built in silent tuner so on stage it's just between you and the tuner.  For different songs with a range of effects required you can dial them in at home and on stage you just call them up from the memory.  You can also change from stored settings in the middle of a song.  It's bullet proof.  Never let me down.  Good luck,  Steve.

I've got a Digitech RP-500 that I'm quite happy with.  I couple it with looper pedal and run them both through an additional volume pedal to balance the two units as required.  This works well for me, but there are as many solutions as there are people who play guitar!  I'm sure that I haven't found the ultimate solution, so the quest is always in front of me.

For you electronics wizards out there: Is there such a thing as an "Effects Coordinator" or "Signal Path Therapist". If not your services are needed.  Is there someone that builds pedal boards to customer spec for a reasonable fee?

Now available in 5G !

Hi,please give me the full information about the diffrent effect and also which one of them can i use in metal and rock music?

Thanks so much

Have you thought about getting decent modeling amp, rather than another pedal?  Might save you some dollars in the long run, as you won't have to get another stomp box for that new sound you want.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]