Topic: Need badly help to find Chords for song!

Hi to all,

I just learning how to play acoustic guitar and not good enough to get how to rip chords from a song.

I need to surprise someone to play * Somewhere In America * From the band *Survivor*

Just need to know basic way to play it with simple chords.

here the link of the song, maybe it will not be long for a pro like you guys to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUPF-6sTR4

Thank you so much in advance,  Sincerely Anakin

Re: Need badly help to find Chords for song!

Anakin... Welcome to the Chordie Forum.  I did some searching and couldn't find any chords online for this song.  There are some of the band's other songs.  Have you had any luck yet finding it or are you still looking?  Perhaps one of the "seasoned pros" around here will work it out for you if you are still looking.  A lot of times people come here - post - and never come back.  So let us know you're still around and maybe they'll pop in and see what kind of magic they can work for you!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hiè

I still looking for any help for that song. I wish I have the talent to do it myself.

Thank you so much for your answer and also I put it in the wrong forum ( english is not my first language )

I also have all other Survivor song that you can find on internet thank you :-)

I cross my finger so far.        Have a nice day :-)

Anakin, Hi.  I checked out that Survivor song to try and figure it out for you, but I think it's too intricate a guitar part for a beginning guitar player. I tried to come up with an"easier" version for you, but it really won't work that way. Some songs you can use basic chords and play a "fakey" version. I did this a lot when I first started playing, but this particular song just won't sound good that way. Sorry, I gave it a shot. It's kind of like asking for an easy way to play a Bach concerto, it can't really be done. Once again sorry. Keep practicing, it gets easier as you go.
   Peace and music, Rev.

"Neither the Beatles or Stevie Wonder had Pro-Tools......maybe you just suck."

Hi,

Thanks for your time, I really apreciate that,  Sometime I dream I can just play music just like a pro so I just can let my finger make it happen what I have in my head.

I guess I will choose another song in between..

Thanks again for your time        Sincerely Anakin

hey Anakin,

I listened to the song and am pretty sure they are playing in A major, the intro starts off in E major and slides to D major. By the way Im just a beginner at playing the guitar.... a friend of mine who is pretty good at playing the guitar said that, if I wanted to learn to play a song that i like, i should listen to the bass line of the song and try to match it by following with your low E string on your guitar. Does that make sense? When you figure out all the bass notes to the song you then convert the bass notes to barre or open chords on your guitar. And when you get all the basic chords, you can start to add the intricate parts of the lead guitar..... i hope this info will help out and get you on your way to play this awesome song....good luck